Trackday tomorrow -Thursday 15th of August

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
Well lads,

Few bits of info here for anyone taking part in tomorrows track day.

Arrive between 8.30-9am

-Drivers Briefing at 9am
-Driver sign on at 9.30am ,once drivers are signed on the passengers can then sign on.
-On track for 10am until 1pm
-Lunch from 1-2pm
-Back on track 2-5.30pm

You will NEED ,

-A full licence with you ( Insurance reasons )
-Helmet ( and extra one for any passengers )

Car Check,

-Check all levels oil/coolant etc
-check for any leaks etc
-Bring some top up oil if driving a vtec:D
-Check wheel nut/bolt torque

A lot of lads including myself will have tools, tyre pressure gauges etc if you need to borrow anything its no problem but please return when done as we had a jerry can go missing the last day so please keep track of your own tools /jerry cans ,helmets etc.

I know a few lads have sold there spots to other which is 100% ok as long as I have the new drivers name .Aisling will be doing the sign on,anyone name that is not on my paid list will not be permitted to take part in the track day.

Also anyone found not to be signed on but has possession of a drivers band will be banned for the day.Everyone must be signed on for Insurance purposes and to ensure I can rent the track from Mondello Park in the future.

Lastly, we have a good few expensive cars+ race cars out please pull in to the right and just let these cars past if they are behind you and are faster.Keep an eye on your mirrors as a few itcc/race cars will be testing and sometimes they will be past you before you realise they are behind you.

If anyone needs anything or has an issue, Myself or Aisling will be in Garage 1

Think that's it lads,all we need now is the weather to hold up :icon_grin:

Chat to ye all there

Cheers

Barry

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=38822.msg443656#msg443656 date=1376516232]
Good man Barry see you in the morning :thumbsup:

NIall.
[/quote]

No bother Niall chat to then

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=38822.msg443671#msg443671 date=1376546590]
Hope it all goes well Baz & all the lads heading out :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers Brian :thumbsup:

It went really well , the weather was a bit of a downer for people but I enjoyed it :icon_grin: the car was excellent in the wet with the new 6 speed in it , couple of minor issue though , its now needs a rear passenger side wheel bearing and stiffer exhaust mounts as it was moving so much it was hitting the transmission tunnel.Brakes held up great and suprise I didnt warp a set of discs.

Also had a scary moment coming down the main straight I went from 4th into 3rd instead of 5th :icon_hang: its banged of the limiter and I just shoved the clutch in. Cars seems fine , no strange noises and drives perfect but I hope I didnt do any damage to it.

We had an interesting mix of cars , itcc cars , full time trac carsh, a couple of Ferrari's (360 + 430 ) Porsche Caymen S. I think everyone enjoyed them selves but a few went home after lunch due to the rain.

Great day out. Thanks again Baz. :thumbsup: I was one of the few that went home at 3.30pm as the rain was getting a bit ridiculous
for the Toyo 888's (no side grip at all).
I have a few pics i will post up later. :changinggear:

Great Track Day Baz .................. :thumbsup:
Dry in the morning , slightly moist before lunch :icon_grin: and
torrential rain after lunch .................so i guess something for everyone

I found the mix of cars , people & weather great .................i was a bit nervous heading out after lunch
but once i locked the diff up i found it much easier to control . The rain really teaches you alot about your
own skills and your cars limits.

Im still learning and that was my first track day in the wet but i was very impressed at how much control
you had in the wagon Baz , i tried keeping up for a bit :icon_grin: :icon_grin: you had the tail out for every corner
and in full control :clap: :clap: ..................the Subaru's and Evo's certainly had the advantage after lunch :icon_grin:

I was behind one of those Ferrari's for a half a lap in the morning and that was something special , the acceleration , the sound ,
the style ..................it was just a pity i couldn't keep up :multijump:

Can't wait now for the ISDC track day in October .

I have a vid but it's mainly just me getting to grips with the track in the wet . I'll stick her up shortly

Niall.

Glad ye enjoyed it lads :thumbsup:

Niall cheers for that I was definitely pushing on some of the bends intentionally especially coming on to the main straight and out the country the long right hander before tarzan top of 4th gear 140-150km/h sideways . The car actually surprised me yesterday after the first few laps I had a big grin on my face . So easy to drive it like that

Back