Track day car

I'd say more throttle response rather than gains in my experience, that being said I'd Deffo do it again if I was building another engine at some stage. Is Martin gonna cut in the valves for ye aswel? 5 angle would make a right job would make a right job of it and would get rid of nearly all flow restrictions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say more throttle response rather than gains in my experience, that being said I'd Deffo do it again if I was building another engine at some stage. Is Martin gonna cut in the valves for ye aswel? 5 angle would make a right job would make a right job of it and would get rid of nearly all flow restrictions

Ya I'm pretty sure he said he would do that also,I was unsure as I think I read somewhere that doing that can drop compression slightly but I think the gains are greater.He is also doing the valve seals while he is at it.
Myself and Dec polished the throttle body and completely removed the ICV with,this gave at least 20% more air flow that way.So my thinking is the head work will complement that for even more flow.Martin said slightly higher fuel pressure would help also,and it's cheap to just change the pressure regulator so I'll see how it works out.Ill get Martin to run it on the Dyno when it's finished[emoji106]

Ya I'm pretty sure he said he would do that also,I was unsure as I think I read somewhere that doing that can drop compression slightly but I think the gains are greater.He is also doing the valve seals while he is at it.
Myself and Dec polished the throttle body and completely removed the ICV with,this gave at least 20% more air flow that way.So my thinking is the head work will complement that for even more flow.Martin said slightly higher fuel pressure would help also,and it's cheap to just change the pressure regulator so I'll see how it works out.Ill get Martin to run it on the Dyno when it's finished[emoji106]

Yeah I'm not fully up to scratch with the compression side of things but it will definitely be a big improvement! Would be cool to have a before and after dyno sheet to see how much different the torque curve is! There's gonna be some noise out of it aswell!

204d5afc0470ebf0c40db92b573a862a.jpg

That's the car before the head and throttle body work back at the club dyno day last year.
Be interesting too see if the Port and polish ECU and throttle body can improve that a wee bit[emoji106]

As the head has be dropped off at westward engineering,it was time to clean up the block and add some VHT Matt blue[emoji106]

a417adb5ca1cdb86a90890caec00c656.jpg

0f284fdacab524facf2d6723989fa46a.jpg

Little update on progress.Just got me head back from Martin Tracey at Westward Engineering.Delighted with his work,full port and polished job with CNC valve seating.He also skimmed .5mm from the head to give a little more compression and fitted new valve oil seals.I just need to look for the spec on my cams so I can bring it back to him and get them correctly timed in for max effect.
Really looking forward to getting this back together.New gaskets belts bolts and seals ordered with Coltons thanks to Dec[emoji106]

b7aed4fad8a09204c4e562eb9612ed14.jpg

2a91ed19b3fe43f73280416db8692c44.jpg

9f0a63f5a1ba4aad694df8fb51e04eb6.jpg

952783dd6e88daffe6db39ed59cbc06b.jpg

Little update on progress.Just got me head back from Martin Tracey at Westward Engineering.Delighted with his work,full port and polished job with CNC valve seating.He also skimmed .5mm from the head to give a little more compression and fitted new valve oil seals.I just need to look for the spec on my cams so I can bring it back to him and get them correctly timed in for max effect.
Really looking forward to getting this back together.New gaskets belts bolts and seals ordered with Coltons thanks to Dec[emoji106]

b7aed4fad8a09204c4e562eb9612ed14.jpg

2a91ed19b3fe43f73280416db8692c44.jpg

9f0a63f5a1ba4aad694df8fb51e04eb6.jpg

952783dd6e88daffe6db39ed59cbc06b.jpg

Looking good man
Jesus I didn't think you could remove that much 5mm
Will it need a certain piston to accompany the head skim

0.5 mm keith

There would be nothing left of the head if he took 5mm off

So after careful deliberation in a cold garage during the week,myself and Dec decided the Saxo should be treated to a new set of piston rings.Also she will be getting a nice new set of shiny cam shafts,Catcam 743,s being the cam of choice there classed as an ultimate road cam,so there about as aggressive as I can go without piston modifications.Have the order placed this morning so looking forward too meeting them soon[emoji108]
We have come up with a good plan for the front suspension which will see us modify the turrets for max positive caster,there is already camber built into the Gaz struts so that should be fine.Im getting the feeling this Saxo will be very different when I get it back on track,let's hope it's the better of it all[emoji6]

608d8795fca8e43a0cb046aa302ba9d4.jpg

That engine really benefits with a can change
When I had the 106 I was thinking about it and reading up on it
Great stuff will the class let you MOD the body

It will be Savage to drive with all the new mods, can't wait till its finished

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Massive work going into this lads! Fair play. Cams will make a huge change i believe. Cant wait to see it flying around the track. It always looks so well too ????

After a phone call to Martin Tracey yesterday,I have ordered new rings and big end bearings.I just need to bring him in one of my own Pistons to make sure he gets the correct ones.Also looks like I'm going for a proper management system,so I'm on the look out for an omex 600 for the right money.
I think with all this work I could be looking at ITCC for next year[emoji16]

d01cebc9f97bec989f9f58462d7b622d.jpg

Back