Track car

Theres very few of those rallyes around so maybe this was you.

About 18mths ago I went into Redline Car Sales there (spawell roundabout m50), I was looking for a motor for my misssus. I was driving the old car, Xsara 2litre VTS and 1 chap that was there got all excited when I came in, he wanted to look under the bonnet to see engine size, mounting points etc as he wanted to put one of my engines or engine from 306GTI into his Rallye.

Was this you? :ponder:

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=4965.msg55183#msg55183 date=1200558996]
Theres very few of those rallyes around so maybe this was you.

About 18mths ago I went into Redline Car Sales there (spawell roundabout m50), I was looking for a motor for my misssus. I was driving the old car, Xsara 2litre VTS and 1 chap that was there got all excited when I came in, he wanted to look under the bonnet to see engine size, mounting points etc as he wanted to put one of my engines or engine from 306GTI into his Rallye.

Was this you? :ponder:
[/quote]

no brian was not me when the engine goes bang in mine i've always said i'd put a 206 gti 180 engine into it.

Sounds like a good plan alright.

But for the record I saw my car for sale about 6mths after I sold it, the chap that had bought it had crashed it, material damage only & was selling it for 2k.
I can't imagine you'd pick up a 206 gti engine & gearbox that cheap.

BTW that VTS Xsara has 167bhp as standard too :thumbsup:

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=4965.msg55254#msg55254 date=1200582925]
Sounds like a good plan alright.

But for the record I saw my car for sale about 6mths after I sold it, the chap that had bought it had crashed it, material damage only & was selling it for 2k.
I can't imagine you'd pick up a 206 gti engine & gearbox that cheap.

BTW that VTS Xsara has 167bhp as standard too :thumbsup:
[/quote]

very true that would be cheap. sure i'll know in a few months when i do decide to change the engine was just lookin at the 206 because the engine is suppose to fit perfect into the rallye and with the bigger bhp should be even better wit how light the car is. cheers anyway brian for that.

Back