Todays mapping..

yeah all good , jus about, check my thread ,, [ jus got a sti ] for story

mapping went really well..Pat was surprised aswell..car is pulling really well on the second turbo and is making good power..Fair play to Damo and Pat who stuck it out..they had problems with the previous car and we went till 8pm..big thumbs up to Street Perfomance.

Hey lads, Glad your happy with the cars. Ive just got back in now from droping Pat back to the airport. Absolutely wreaked and can hardly type here. It was a roller coaster of a weekend with plenty of ups downs and funny instances ( like trying to get the 102 ron race fuel into Dave Lewis's car in a pub carpark with two off us to lift the 50 litre drum while its spilling on the ground at 4.60 a litre and an hour away from Pats flight home :eek:mg: ) ) Few heart breaking moments to unfortunately. Dagnuts car went very well among others I have to say, We thought it was going to be a bitch being a b4 but was grand thankfully. The other b4 went quite well and made safe although took a while, Seems to be a very fine line between performance and safety with them and really takes alot of effort and time.

If Dagnut / Dave's car hadent gone so well it would have been an easy choice not to continue with the B4's givining the time it takes and trying to get boost control with our fuel they just dont react the same as an Impreza. Pat and myself where trying to come with ideas to get over the issue's from water / methanol injection impreza bottom end AVCR to control boost and let ecu do fueling to lower CR Pistons but most arent cost effective or practicle enough. Plus the cost to even test it could be money down the drain. Id have a wild guess why Daves car MIGHT have worked so well but its just a pretty obvious theory and would cost a few quid to put it to the test which might not ne worth it. Couldent just base it on Daves car incase it was luck. So for now I think the b4's are a no no. Might be more cost effective to pull some timing if possible.

Damo

Back