in our neck of the woods they'll just do it anyway and you'll get some
shock when you see the bill.

Niall.

Lynne Sorry to hear of the bad news :(

Definitly get it checked 1st before looking at new engine
you could get lucky :dunno:

Niall.

Yeah real sorry to hear the news Lynne.
Im all paranoid about my belt now. Gettin it done saturday.
Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Hi All,

Just thought I'd give you an update. We put the new timing belt and all the tensioners on Saturday, and I'm very very :D happy to say that my car has no damage and started straight away.

As you can imagine I am over the moon, so in the end it cost me just over €800 in parts to fix the problem.

Thanks for all the support, and happy that I will now continue to be a scooby driver.

Lynne

if you were up in the revs especially overtaking,then u have absolutely damaged the valves.....no questions!!!!!
you'll get an engine up north for the right money.have a look in autotrader to find,theres a guy up north who specializes in evo and scoobies but i dont know his name.....
good luck!!!!! :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

[quote author=lynne78 link=topic=5193.msg65015#msg65015 date=1203931740]
Hi All,

Just thought I'd give you an update. We put the new timing belt and all the tensioners on Saturday, and I'm very very :D happy to say that my car has no damage and started straight away.

As you can imagine I am over the moon, so in the end it cost me just over €800 in parts to fix the problem.

Thanks for all the support, and happy that I will now continue to be a scooby driver.

Lynne
[/quote]

Fair play lynne, looks like u got lucky.

You lucky ba*tard! You Lucky Lucky ba*tard! :lol: :lol: :lol: :subaru: Glad to hear! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Well renycakes, I haven't been to mass in a while, but think that it might be time to pay a visit and say thanks. :worship:

I really didn't hold out much hope especially when I found out all the pulleys also needed replacing, but I have to say that I now believe in miracles. Only problem is I now owe my other half big time for fixing the problem.
:p

miracles is right. such a small chance of it being ok. happy motoring :subaru: :subaru:

:thumbsup:

Back