Time Attack, this weekend

Well spotted Kayne :thumbsup: jaysus was my car ever that high off thed ground :doh:
Fair play johnny! I really like time attack, But is there anything stopping lads just buying an ex-race car and sticking there own sticks on?? Or is that just what everyone does :ponder: ie. did TDP build that mad R32 themselves or buy it more or less as is??
A Tuner's class would be cool were tuners could showcase there own creations!
I've only ever done the small track at japfest last september, the car had standard brakes (which cooked) and no weight saving (so 1500kg) standard tyres and 327 bhp and I was doing 1.09 on the little one and 2.08 on the big one,
Now with bigger brakes, same weight, ultra high performance tyres (no were near R888's) and 386bhp I was doing consistant 2.05's on the big track,
And that's the best I can do unless maybe not carrying a passenger (no fun in that) and removing everything that isn't bolted down (can't be arsed)
Duffman doing 2.06 is nothing short of amazing considering it was his first time around mondello in that car! The type r is ideal for mondello aswell :clap:
Dan

From what I've heard TDP bought that car in as it is, didn't build it themselves which is certainly unfair, but its just amazing to watch all the same, I wouldn't think its far off the rcm gobstopper for outright power.

Thats some time alright from duffman, anyone that comes close to matching you around mondello Dan is pretty damn fast, I've seen track prepared m3's etc being left for dead by that forester.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=7997.msg96599#msg96599 date=1214894076]
From what I've heard TDP bought that car in as it is, didn't build it themselves which is certainly unfair, but its just amazing to watch all the same, I wouldn't think its far off the rcm gobstopper for outright power.
[/quote]

TDP built the engine in that car and mapped it, blew it up changing down instead of up on the start finish straight a couple of years ago and had to build it again, he also put a foam tank int he boot and some serious fueling equipment, coupled together with some extra big stoppers.

This is a proper machine and capable above 1000hp, he used to use a T51R and got rid of it at some stage for a bigger Garret one as HKS/Mitsubishi didn;t make one any bigger. Have a look on his website and you'll see a couple of his videos, currently running 700hp on E85, I gather thats a smaller turbo for drivability and particularly Mondello :thumbsup:

www.tdp.ie

Fair play Cill, looks like my info was wrong alright :thumbsup:

Had seen their brake setup alright, would I be right in saying they came off a le-mans car?

Hi Brian, not sure where he got the brakes from, haven't talked to the chap in a while

Last time I was down getting my civic tuned he was telling me he was puttin the bigger stoppers on and showed me the fuel set up in the boot.. took me for a rip in it then, we were in 3rd gear at one stage, sideways, spinning all 4 wheels doing a collasal speed, its a crazy machine :shock: He said it was running about 800hp at that stage on 95 ron and road tyres... never should have got it to it though, all cars since seem slow!

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=7997.msg96639#msg96639 date=1214906205]
He was running 540bhp at 1.4 bar ..according to him on driver
[/quote]

If thats what he says..... thats what it is

I got the 700hp figure from his website :thumbsup:

From what I seen on the weekend I would guess 700 handy.

Also, All our cars are IRISH built and run,,,,,,,,,,,,,

John

Would have to agree with what John says, that car was certainly running 700bhp going by the sheer straight line performance of it.

Once again congrats on the weekend too John, I've only one issue with the way your garage was laid out though, philips scooby should have been in front of brians evo :nana:

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=7997.msg96651#msg96651 date=1214910328]
From what I seen on the weekend I would guess 700 handy.

Also, All our cars are IRISH built and run,,,,,,,,,,,,,

John
[/quote]

Great to hear John, keep up the good work...

Great to see some ROI cars out there :thumbsup:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=7997.msg96652#msg96652 date=1214910814]
Would have to agree with what John says, that car was certainly running 700bhp going by the sheer straight line performance of it.

Once again congrats on the weekend too John, I've only one issue with the way your garage was laid out though, philips scooby should have been in front of brians evo :nana:
[/quote]

We were supposed to have a full garage too ourselves so they could be side by side, but a small mistake by Mondello, no big deal. Next time it's Philips turn, although he's a bit shy of all the attetion, LOL

John

Big thanks to John and the lads at JOMO ,Car running and sounding fantastic .Had a so so day tyres have had there day 4 rounds and 3 test days these and the longest lasting tyres i have had on the car thanks to John setting up .Car struggled for front end grip all day and was amazed to get a 61.6 . 2 rounds left if i can get in to the 1min lap i will be very happy but to break the minute the car will need a new driver any body up for it.

Philip.

I have some in car footage i will post when i edit.

Your nearly there philip, :clap:
Well done and keep it up, :thumbsup:
Dan

I hope not, I think it goes against what time attack is all about. We would find it hard to compete.

Philip, you will do the sub 1 minute, your fastest recorded lap last year was 1:03:752, and this years best is up to 1:01:634

John

Back