the new member of our family

chris139ryan

Octane Boostaholics
For some months now i have been after a bull terrier and he finally arrived on saturday. I red countless books on them, about their wild behavior, clownish antics and just general up to no good. So i thought i was ready for what a bull terrier to bring to this house. Well from the first few seconds after seeing the dog I could tell that the books hadnt a patch on these dogs nor can they make you anticipate whats their behavior like. To cut things short hes complete mad, hes so funny to just watch. only downside is he loves chewing trousers, fingers and shoes but im getting that under control as we speak. When i got bruno (yes thats the name i decided and not after the bruno movie :icon_biggrin:) he was 8 weeks old the day i collected him (8/10/11) i weighed him on the 9th and he weighed 6kg, weighed him today 11/10/11 and he now weighs 7kg. anyway enough with me going on here are the pics

bruno4.jpg

bruno2.jpg

bruno3.jpg

bruno1.jpg

i will be updating this thread every 2 weeks or so to show his progress.
I am over the moon with him :icon_grin:

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=31922.msg366239#msg366239 date=1318370842]
Super.

Looks a lovely fella...!
[/quote]cheers dave :thumbsup:

[quote author=dave b link=topic=31922.msg366240#msg366240 date=1318371004]
english bull?????
[/quote]yeah english bull terrier

Well done man there a fantastic dog. :thumbsup:

He is a little stunner also and poser also by the looks of it. :icon_grin:

Duffman be able to fill you in with anything you need to know about them. :thumbsup:

[quote author=dave b link=topic=31922.msg366240#msg366240 date=1318371004]
english bull?????
[/quote]

real name is "bull terrier", the english just like to put "english" in front of everything

he's lovely chris and unusual marking which is nice.

i grow up with a friend of mine having one and then i got one when i got my own place in kilbarrick.

they a great dog and very clownish, mine gave keith and myself lots of laughs for the last few years until he passed away.

this is a great site for them for info http://www.bulliez.net/forum/.

also st stephens day in the national show centre up at the coachmans pub has a great terrier show on with lots of bullies.

here's a few of my fella,

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=31922.msg366261#msg366261 date=1318406131]

i grow up with a friend of mine having one and then i got one when i got my own place in kilbarrick.

they a great dog and very clownish, mine gave keith and myself lots of laughs for the last few years until he passed away.

also st stephens day in the national show centre up at the coachmans pub has a great terrier show on with lots of bullies.

[/quote] cheers man sorry to hear about yours id say you were heartbroken. chico looks a stunning example of a bully, was actually thinking about calling mine chico too but i went with bruno instead. I just cannot get over how smart these are especially at such a young age. i'll check that site out

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=31922.msg366287#msg366287 date=1318426971]
[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=31922.msg366261#msg366261 date=1318406131]

[/quote] cheers man sorry to hear about yours id say you were heartbroken. chico looks a stunning example of a bully, was actually thinking about calling mine chico too but i went with bruno instead. I just cannot get over how smart these are especially at such a young age. i'll check that site out
[/quote]
where did you get it from?

Aren't they the breed that attack and dont let go? They look scary,I'd be nervous of kids being near one. Lovely all the same.

[quote author=gonzogicken link=topic=31922.msg366297#msg366297 date=1318441319]
Aren't they the breed that attack and dont let go? They look scary,I'd be nervous of kids being near one. Lovely all the same.
[/quote]

to answer your question, no, there is no such breed...but unfortunatly thats the preseption most people have of this breed, true uneducation.

most people find them scary to look at alright but people that own them just find there funny.

they actualy mix with kids great as they love human company.

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=31922.msg366313#msg366313 date=1318451643]
[quote author=gonzogicken link=topic=31922.msg366297#msg366297 date=1318441319]
[/quote]

to answer your question, no, there is no such breed...but unfortunatly thats the preseption most people have of this breed, true uneducation.

most people find them scary to look at alright but people that own them just find there funny.

they actualy mix with kids great as they love human company.
[/quote]

I get a similar reaction from some people as i have 3 german shepherds
Couldnt be further from the truth. All down to the way they are brought up

Lovely dog Chris :thumbsup:

[quote author=Lotti link=topic=31922.msg366320#msg366320 date=1318452600]
I get a similar reaction from some people as i have 3 german shepherds
Couldnt be further from the truth. All down to the way they are brought up
[/quote]

Always wanted a german shepherd, mate used to have a couple used as guard dogs but were really just pets with a bark. And there's a fella down the road from my parents who trains them for the airport police, great dogs.

dagnut -- got him in waterford.
sure you only live once robbie why not get one. german shepards make great pets and are very friendly

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=31922.msg366337#msg366337 date=1318462086]
dagnut -- got him in waterford.
sure you only live once robbie why not get one. german shepards make great pets and are very friendly
[/quote]

Go for it Robbie :thumbsup:

Back