The men the legends!

E

ericsti

I had time on my hands to look through a lot of video footage on U-tube all day yesterday and last night and watched most of them on the two men that are the reason I drive a Subaru today, I'm sure most of you would be the same! They where gods among men when it came to the sport of Rally!

I just thought I'd share these two Video's with you!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h49wzfYW2kI

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XpChGq45w5Q

I did know much about this next man Bertie Fisher but a lot of lads here did and he's the reason they now drive their cars so we cann't leave out the Third and Final Legend!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eB0z1Kq9sIY

Enjoy! :thumbsup: :subaru:

most of the lads on here are driving subarus because of fisher,mcrae and burns, i even have there three names embroided onto the back of my subaru jacket with subaru legends writen over them... :worship: :worship: :subaru:

have to agree lads.. am drivin my scooby cause of burns.. i have just red his book there that he wroye after da 2001 championship win.. what a talent.. :subaru:

R.I.P burns and mcrae :worship:

Im a big Mc Rae and Fisher fan. Never was a big Burns fan. He used to be a bit moody :D Used to love the Mc Hale Fisher battles. I remember being in Galway and Fisher went wide on one of Sundays stages and hit a pillar and the car was going up the road sidewards. Think it was Galway 98 or 99. The year after Mc Hale broke a shaft in his gearbox on the startline of the first stage. I was ragin :lol: Must root out some old tapes. Remember Mc Hale went into a hairpin too fast on the curcuit i think it was and dropped about 20 feet into a field lol

savage vidoes there eric.....!! they made it look so graceful..!! its hard to believe they're not with us anymore...! :(

smurf

:subaru:

I loved watching McRae as a kid i thought the driving was jus amazing, then when i'd see 555 on a scooby i new they where the fast ones :lol: :lol: :lol:

R.I.P McRae

Good man Eric. Fisher was at ease behind the wheel. His driving style was so smooth. Incar he'd be steering with one hand and no fast movements on the other hand Mc Hale would be sawing away at the wheel. Fisher was a natural behind the wheel of an impreza. That what I remember of him anyway. I was only about 13 when I used to follow him with my tough mac hat and t shirt :lol:

seen fisher driving a legacy in the cork 20 back in 93 and since then ive always wanted one.....finally got it last year... :subaru:

I agree, 3 legends and the irony is that even though regarded by most as a dangerous sport, all died young from unrelated to motorsport.

classic :thumbsup: got the mcrae dvd last week must say brought a :cry: last interview before he left us
legends all :worship:

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=7744.msg92285#msg92285 date=1213376051]
Im a big Mc Rae and Fisher fan. Never was a big Burns fan. He used to be a bit moody :D Used to love the Mc Hale Fisher battles. I remember being in Galway and Fisher went wide on one of Sundays stages and hit a pillar and the car was going up the road sidewards. Think it was Galway 98 or 99. The year after Mc Hale broke a shaft in his gearbox on the startline of the first stage. I was ragin :lol: Must root out some old tapes. Remember Mc Hale went into a hairpin too fast on the curcuit i think it was and dropped about 20 feet into a field lol
[/quote]

That was 98 mchale broke the shaft off the line... Bout 2 mins walk from my house.

Was delighted to see fisher first through the stage when mchale was due first

what can i say only :clap: :clap: these were the men that made rallying..you could be sure that what ever stage you seen them on they were flat out..

RIP Mc Rae, Fisher & Burns...YOU WILL BE SADLY MISSED :cry: :cry:

Back