The Evo X on sale from today in japan.

No dont like it that much...maybe in time it will get better,but at the moment...iam liking the new 2008 scooby... :thumbsup:

Its pretty sweet looking, to be honest if i was given the choice of the 2 my heart would pick the scooby but my head maybe (probably not) would pick the Evo

:dunno:

[edit] removed unauthorised links to 7tune [/edit]

Paulo

but its a saloon.........

reason why i bought a subaru back in the yonder in my youth. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:...........

family/hooligan mobile in one...................... :D :D

had my hot hatches from 17/18............ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jap performance mag had its first drive in it and all is good (well thats what they think) they also said the engine was under powered.
It also comes in a six speed twin clutch automated manual gearbox :ponder:

cant see the pics, but seen loads of others. its a nice car and like Dave said "its a saloon . . . . " but i do prefer the scooby to it, and i much prefer the Sti interior and dash to the Evo's. and i think the Evo looks like a bit of a catfish :dunno:

nice car overall, just prefer the scooby. and i think performance wise the scooby will be better. but i know little about either of them

seen this already it looks kack the nose is horrible....the prototype looked 10 times better..what is happening with car design?

if you ask me we had some pretty excellent designs in most cars up untill 5 years ago i think the designers are thinking "great thats our jobs easy lets design any old rubbish and the general public will buy it and then we can get back to our coffee and smokes and clock up another couple of grand for doing nothing" where did it all go wrong i remember going out last year and looking for a car to buy and nothing caught my imagination except a subaru and now i loook at the new model (not the sti or wrx) and think boring humdrum and doenst catch my imagination anymore

if no one bought the new cars (any make or model) then you would see a desgin shift again it worked (and it pains me to say this) for ford :hang:

Rant over now normal service resumed :smokin:

nah don't like the front of it, seen it in a mag well over a year ago and it looked much tastier, I do like the interior tho.

as soon as i can order one in ireland i will! hope you's all wont hate me for changing to the dark side. but hey ya only live once...

I think it looks really well but its toned down a lot from the original show car earlier last year. The 6 speed twin clutch transmission is similar to the one invented by Audi (DSG) and the engine now has a broader spread of torque so I think it will drive like the STI which also seems to have been mapped to spred the torque over a wider rev range rather than have it all sitting up at the top end. I think this is fair enough as it makes the car much more driveable but maybe not as exciting on a track where its all about top end power but realistically how often do you track your car.

I know its waaaaaayyy off the point but for me the engine of the year has to be the new 2.0 twin turbo from BMW. 206 bhp 295 ib/ft pf torque and 52 mpg. Oh yeh and its a diesel! If Subaru put their forthcoming 2.2 tdi boxer four in the Impreza and it gets a bit of the Andy Forrest magic it would produce similar numbers too. Mercedes is working on a petrol engine called the Diesotto which has the throttle response, refinement and rev range of a petrol but with the grunt and economy of a diesel. Maybe Subaru should reinvent itself as alternative engine performance car manufacturer. Subaru has always been a bit quirky with its boxer engines, frameless doors and WRC heritage so why not produce a high perfromance turbo diesel WRX saloon. I think it would sell really well and refocus much needed attention on the brands reputation for innovation and performance. In europe where diesel outsells petrol 2 to 1 Subaru is being murdered by the opposition because of its lack of a diesel option. The sooner it gets a diesel into the forrester, legacy and impreza the sooner it can get a much needed cash injection and hopefully afford to hire someone who will design a car as well proportioned and good looking as the classic impreza again.

Frawls

Volvo front-Alpha rear-dont think there going on sale here Murph-i think there launching a 200bhp Ralliart edition

alrite dave! i was talkin to mitsubishi ireland a few times over the last few weeks and they said there not sure of the date but its around march or april next year. there defo comin to ireland, they even said ireland will have them before the uk. as far as i know you can order one b4 december this year!

Back