The 2008 impreza wrx's new rival

OMG, bet by a mazda, :cry: wat is the world cumin too!!!  :evil: :angry:  sway on slalom test, :noway:that imp sucks maz cock, and it dont pleasure me to say it. :hang:
is this the beginning of the end????? :dunno: :dunno:

Lads I would not be worried its only the wrx and its not even coming to this country.
It wouldnt manage that against the sti.

Wouldn't be too worried there's always an Sti or a decent tuning shop :subaru:

So let me get this straight the Mazda is faster, has better brakes, more grip, better handling, nicer interior, cheaper, costs less to tax and has 40 bhp more power and nearly 50 ib/ft more torque despite having an engine which is 200 cc smaller :doh:

Subaru had better bring out a PPP version of it in the UK straight after launch otherwise its going to bomb badly.

Ask yourself this "All other things being equal would you buy the Impreza if it was made by Mazda and Subaru made the MPS 3"?

Frawls

lads i've had the 3 MPS around mondello and it is seriously quick and not bad to handle but its only front wheel drive so looses a lot of traction out of the corners i wouldn't trade in my own impreza for one of them but if i was buying a 2008 car it would have to be the mazda

[quote author=kbox link=topic=4371.msg46367#msg46367 date=1195588429]
Just stick the subaru badge on the mazda
[/quote]

And that's just what we reckoned they'd done in the first place...  :doh:

Has there been a secret takeover by Mazda?  :dunno:

[quote author=funnyclub link=topic=4371.msg46356#msg46356 date=1195584084]
Lads I would not be worried its only the wrx and its not even coming to this country.
It wouldnt manage that against the sti.
[/quote]

As funnyclub said!

By the way I didn't see it get beat by a Mazda they seemed only to be comparing the two cars!
This is the drag between the two cars and the Subaru wins! http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=yYGDv5ejHIs&feature=related
You'll also notice that the Mazda is not just a Mazda but their New top of the range sports model! Thats as good as it gets for them! Put it up against the New Top of the range STI and see how it gets on!

Have fate! :subaru:

And Little Brother you'll come around to our way of thinking some Day! :lol: :subaru:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=4371.msg46470#msg46470 date=1195643055]

You'll also notice that the Mazda is not just a Mazda but their New top of the range sports model! Thats as good as it gets for them! Put it up against the New Top of the range STI and see how it gets on!

Have fate!
[/quote]

very good point, i dont think we will be calling it a mazda after we see the Sti version of the car in motion. ;)

In Australia they have a special edition of the Mazda 3 MPS called the Extreme. It puts out 282 bhp and 425 nm of torque. I think it would be more than a match for a standard MY 05 2.0 Sti provided the roads were smooth, dry and not too bendy..... just like rally Ireland's roads then :lol:

Anywho check it out by clicking on the link below. Its a lot of bang for your buck but be prepared to get on first name terms with your local Tyre shop.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071011.005/mazda-3-mps-extreme-at-aims

Frawls

Back