t1R or f1's

which tyre would be your preference ???

• Total voters
[quote author=gerry link=topic=19998.msg244024#msg244024 date=1261508056]
[quote author=scoobienoobie link=topic=19998.msg243997#msg243997 date=1261501532]
Any one ever try these?
Potenza Re070, i know i've seen them on scoobs before, i think they look the muts!

[/quote]

Have you your car long they would have come as standard on it
[/quote]

No i only bought it earlier this year with 20,000 miles on it and it had just had new (pretty cheap) tires fitted on it then. It may havve still been on the ori's.....but i doubt it!

[quote author=scoobienoobie link=topic=19998.msg243997#msg243997 date=1261501532]
Any one ever try these?
Potenza Re070, i know i've seen them on scoobs before, i think they look the muts!

yeah,im on my 3rd set! car came in with them on from japan. jap only fitment is 235 and the european fitment is 225.makes no difference.

best tyre ive used wet or dry.no bullsh1t,ive tried most modern tyres out there that everybody uses and raves about.(dont bother with R888's and the like)
just to clear a point for everybody.........when people here talk about the eagle F1's,are ye talking about the old gsd3 type or the asymetric new ones???

find it hard to believe the comments,saying the toyo tyre are better than the asymetric F1"s?????
back on point,the RE070 potenza is a fantastic tyre,generally it scares most people because it has a cut slick outside pattern.the truth is if you give the tyre a bit of heat and dont go mad from cold its better than any eagle/toyo tyre out there!!

ive used mine on wet/dry trackdays on the inter in mondello.on dry days the tyre over heats after a good few hot laps but ive found in the rain it is amazing,especially compared to the R888s.
in my opinion they are great and ill be ordering a new set in january for the car.if i wasnt id order the eagle F1's.much better tyre than the toyo type.

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=19998.msg244377#msg244377 date=1261695784]
Any one ever try these?

yeah,im on my 3rd set! car came in with them on from japan. jap only fitment is 235 and the european fitment is 225.makes no difference.

best tyre ive used wet or dry.

[/quote]

Grahamo, The RE 070 is a semi cup tyre. If you find that its the best tyre you've used in the wet then you must never have tried Eagle F1 (symmetric). There's nothing else to touch their wet weather grip at the price. The Re 070 is all but useless in the wet.

If you want the best semi cup tyre out there then the Dunlop Direzza is the one which is winning all the semi cup tyre comparisson tests

Frawls

im on my 3rd set of asym F1's :thumbsup: i tend to go through tyres quickly :icon_biggrin:
ive used the RE070 on track in wet and dry and the F1's.
once the RE070 get a bit of heat they make bits of the F1's in the rain road or track.
wouldnt touch a dunlop if my life depended on it.

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=19998.msg248742#msg248742 date=1263166183]

once the RE070 get a bit of heat they make bits of the F1's in the rain road or track.
wouldnt touch a dunlop if my life depended on it.
[/quote]

Heat has very little to do with wet weather grip. It's all about thread pattern and thread depth when it comes to wet weather performance. Semi Cup tyres perform badly in wet conditions due to the fact that they cannot dissapate water efficiently due to the design and limited amount of thread blocks and groves in the tyre. An assymetric tyre such as the F1 GSD3 will literally run rings around any semi cup tyre in wet conditions. It's all down to the simple laws of physics. A semi cup tyre has very poor resistance to aqualplaining both in a straight line and laterally.

The Dunlop Direzza is the tyre of choice for serious track day performance cars in the UK and was voted by EVO as their favourite track day tyre but I know how you feel about Dunlops in general as they wouldn't be high on my preference list either. Having said that, they have improved massively recently and their Sport Max TT is supposed to be a great tyre going on the numerous tyre reviews I have read about it.

i dont know :dontknow:
i just find the RE070 much better in the rain.must be used to it i reckon.
must check out the dunlop so and see whats being said about them,still dont ever think id buy them.
im more a bridgestone/goodyear tyre user.

Just a note... saw in this old thread that no car manufacturer puts T1-R's on their vehicles... not true... All Donkervoorts are delivered on Toyo T1-R / T1 Sport or R888's depending on the model.
http://www.donkervoort.com/en/donkervoort-cars/ Cool cars! Visited their factory last October - all family run business, great product with lots of development, but bloody expensive though.

The 888s are road legal AFAIK. Not ideal for an everyday tyre though. No good in the wet or winter conditions. Soft compound so would wear quickly.

f1's hands down had them on the before the t1r's went on the impreza. Different league altogether you cant compare the two tyres. Ones budget performance (t1rs) one is top end performers (f1s). Only down side is the f1s will wear a lot quicker but my god the grip level is something else both in wet and dry conditions

Back