t-rust issues

dnadelooners

Sunday Drivers
Hey ya'll went to pick up some front drop links for the blob this morning and noticed a pretty little 01 bug on the forecourt so couldn't help myself but ask about it! Turns out it's a nicely modded wrx with 2.5k sterling receipts of mods done in the UK pushing out a healthy 297 bhp dyno proven. Asked what's it worth to him he said 2250 as it stands as it has a touch of rust in the boot and the body work isn't exactly pristine. Had a look on the boot and indeed there is a rust issue. A lot of it looks like just surface rust but there is one area that seems pretty soft to push, sadly as I was only going to collect a part I had no phone so no pictures but it's only around the spare wheel well. Brought it for a test drive and it's a bit of a beast it just keeps on giving and is way more powerful than the blob. The guy seemed genuine and was honest from the start and have dealt with him before. Do I Let a bit of rust scare me or am I right to be sceptical what would you do? Many thanks

Really depends on how bad it is . If it's bad then your only buying running gear if it's only surface Rust you need to catch it now before its gets too bad . But if it's soft then it's bad

Don't just walk away... Run for your life..... A bag of hardship is what that will be..

The excitement won't be long going off you when you have to work at the car and every nut and bolt is seized and rings off, or ot fails Nct of rust....
I'd understand the consideration of a rusty car if it was rare and old.. But not when good ones are in abundance..

Back