Subaru dealer writes off customers brand new wrx

Paul555RA

Petrolheads
On the phone so cant post link but just seen on facebook a guy in America took his 2015 wrx with 1300 miles on the clock into his local dealer with a cel on he gets a phone call from service advisor not mechanic to say on of the mechanics is going to take it home that evening to verify repair and that this is ok with subaru america with customers consent of course. 1 hour later he gets a phone call to say the service advisor hit a deer and that because an object was hit his insurance would have to cover it not the garages, it turns out as well this service advisor has a bad driving record of damaging people's cars and on top of the heavy frontal damage there is fresh scratches on the side of it and when the owner went out to take pics of damage the garage had it left unlocked and in an unsecured lot with approx hundred miles extra on clock. Im not 100% sure on timeline as how long it had been left with them before ringing to say bout mechanic taking it home and incident I think he messaged them a day after that and got phone call bout damage an hour after that. Garage are refusing to do anything about damage though

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups/747082591980235?view=permalink&id=882906881731138&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6110902597887639354%3Amf_story_key.8098789787189979398
think that could work

Yep, seen that on reddit/r/subaru the guy drove it home and hit a deer. I wonder where the liability ends... Because fixed crashed car will never be the same as new car... Common sense says the driver should finance buying a brand new car, or a car with maximum of 1300miles on clock...
Sent from Nokia Lumia 930 using Tapatalk

the garage is liable for any damage it would be the same as me crashing a customers car which I regularly have customers cars home with me for diagnosis the garage insurance covers me for it

Dec, if you crashed lets say car with less than 10 000km on clock, would your garage's insurance cover for brand new vehicle, or only repairs of the damage?
Sent from Nokia Lumia 930 using Tapatalk

what would happen would be a replacement car of similar mileage or else a repair to ford spec if the customer allowed it .only if it was nearly new would they replace it with a new one

That's just the garage trying to pull a fast one and get out of sorting the damage,i'd be onto subaru america and cause a sh*t storm

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=43848.msg505513#msg505513 date=1422821635]
That's just the garage trying to pull a fast one and get out of sorting the damage,i'd be onto subaru america and cause a sh*t storm
[/quote]
he has contacted them I think, reckon he should hit the garage for an upgrade to an sti

Back