sti v wrx engines reliability..

wrx261

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi lads sick i have no subaru anymore so going to look at a 96 sti with 93,000 miles 150 k, jus a little worried cash is short and dont want to have to fork out for a rebuild 6 months down the road :dontknow: had a wrx engine seemed bullet proof but a few boys on here have had to rebuild sti's. or would a standard uk turbo or wrx be the safer option in the long run very confused :dontknow: :dontknow: all advice welcome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

uk spec engine is the way but still some have to be rebuilt

You'd imagen a lesser stressed motor would be safer, but there aren't as strong in the first place!
Maybe look for one with a fresh rebuild and map asap,
Best of luck!
Dan

cheers lads yeah was thinking a late uk turbo or 95-97 sti, but sti has all the goodies :ponder2: not looking to modify engine in any way, is there certain amount of milage on sti when big end goes :ponder2: keep em coming :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As the lads above said, uk turbo's engines won't have been put under as much stress as an sti usually. But personally i think it's all about how well the previous owner(s) have looked after and serviced the car-not the easiest thing to determine on a 30 min inspection! You might have better peace of mind buying off one of the lads here. Unless i'm mistaken, PaulV4 had a nice white sti with recent rebuild for sale if finances stretch.

As all the lads have said, any car can give trouble. Its all about how they have been looked after. I was very interested in PaulV4's one before i got mine. I would recommend looking at that as it has been recently rebuilt

Exellent point!
Buying off someone who know's how a scooby should be looked after is a very safe way of buying a scooby!
Dan

thanks lads my buget doesnt stretch that far was pauls v4. hopefully i will find the wright motor with my budget

Back