Sti type-r cutting out at idle

Has the mushroom filter which afaik doesnt use that oil. It started to idle erratically and backfire today too so fairly much points to maf :thumbsup:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=17327.msg211880#msg211880 date=1250844798]
@tommy m-thats the first thing i looked at-but standard re-circulator still in place.
@ciaran rs-ra-right so speedo trouble must be in the dash so. Will have it back today to check maf properly and work from there. thanks lads.
[/quote]

wouldn't just go and buy a dash for it, but would look there first. got one repaired before, only took him about half an hour to fix. so reckon must be just a resister or a processor that went in it.

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=17327.msg212142#msg212142 date=1250901454]
[quote author=Ciaran RS-RA link=topic=17327.msg211860#msg211860 date=1250835494]
if the car was mapped. ie. had a simteck or similar the check light could have lit due to knock. if it's a stanard ecu and you can't get any codes after the light has come on, i can't explain that. have you anything you can check the live data with. if the problem with the speedo is in the dash[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=17327.msg212142#msg212142 date=1250901454]
[quote author=Ciaran RS-RA link=topic=17327.msg211860#msg211860 date=1250835494]
if the car was mapped. ie. had a simteck or similar the check light could have lit due to knock. if it's a stanard ecu and you can't get any codes after the light has come on, i can't explain that. have you anything you can check the live data with. if the problem with the speedo is in the dash clocks the car will boost as normal, if the problem is in the sender unit or wiring to ecu it boost and then hit the safety boost cut.
[/quote]

The Simtek ECU does not read knock so how would it throw an engine light on??

Confused??

[/quote]

The Simtek ECU does not read knock so how would it throw an engine light on??

Confused??

[/quote]
confused alright, just aswell your not mapping the cars. simteck does use knock warning. and will flash the check engine light if it is detected.

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=17327.msg213135#msg213135 date=1251161937]
Well Ciaran seriously reveals where you are in the lower field..................

Simtek as it stands of todays date is not designed to detect knock...

Although this is in the process to enhance this ECU.

[/quote]
well dave, maybe you should inform simtek of your findings. this is taken from their website.
•Knock Warning
The ECU uses the OEM Knock Sensor to listen for ‘Knock’. This is then fed to a Digital Signal Processor for analysis. If the DSP decides that knock is detected, the Check Engine Light will be flashed to give the driver warning that engine damage could be occurring. In an effort to avoid damage, you then have the option of switching to the alternate calibration (map) whilst the cause of the knock is identified. This is often down to a low quality tank of fuel.

it's no wonder i have heard of people not wanting to put replies to questions incase of being shot down, and i'm rapidly becoming one of them. its not an i'm the best trader battle. it's only the members of the site that loose out because of it. :subaru:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=17327.msg211733#msg211733 date=1250797625]
Neighbour has just swapped an evo 5 for a V5 type-r today. He brought it here because its cutting out at idle.i took it for a spin and it drives ok through the revs but cuts out again at idle. i doubt the car is mapped and hes only got 95 unleaded in it(ive warned him) and its got a hks induction kit on it-would this be causing it? Also the speedo is not working-but car is showing no trouble codes. And he says the check light came on a few times-is that knock?
[/quote]

Did you get the car sorted yet lad , Sounds like a strange one :ponder2:

Found a broken wire on the lambda-fixed it-thanks to briancollins-seemed to cure the bad idle for a while but it returned later-and its not maf.

[quote author=padraic link=topic=17327.msg214240#msg214240 date=1251402201]
ahhhh ye where to busy tanning yerselfs when i seen ye..... :multijump:
[/quote]

:angry1: :roll:

[/quote]

Newsflash:The town of Westport co.mayo was still in shock tonight after tons of melted ice cream swept through the town taking with it a number of trees,poles,parking meters and its suspected a number of small children. Our sources indicate that an employee of an unnamed refrigeration company known only as "Padraic" arrived late to repair a freezer which had malfunctioned earlier in the day. When questioned about the incident he replied only"sure i was talking to the lads above".

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=17327.msg214315#msg214315 date=1251412193]
[/quote]

Newsflash:The town of Westport co.mayo was still in shock tonight after tons of melted ice cream swept through the town taking with it a number of trees,poles,parking meters and its suspected a number of small children. Our sources indicate that an employee of an unnamed refrigeration company known only as "Padraic" arrived late to repair a freezer which had malfunctioned earlier in the day. When questioned about the incident he replied only"sure i was talking to the lads above".
[/quote]

:multijump: :multijump: :multijump:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back