Steering wheel retrim

colmsti555

ISDC Club Member
Has anybody on here got any work done with this place. Did he also go under the name of Peter leather. I have seen good reviews for Peter on Backroads forums.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240107-105812_Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107-105812_Lite.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 10
I have seen some of his work , very very good over all ,
there was one wheel in car I didn’t like , it was too spongey / too much foam under the leather to make the rim thick like a bmw m sport wheel , it just felt cheap but it could have just been what the customer wanted.

I got 2 wheels done by Royal Steering Wheels and they are 100%

I have seen some of his work , very very good over all ,
there was one wheel in car I didn’t like , it was too spongey / too much foam under the leather to make the rim thick like a bmw m sport wheel , it just felt cheap but it could have just been what the customer wanted.

I got 2 wheels done by Royal Steering Wheels and they are 100%

Thanks Barry. I might chance him. It may be easier than sending the wheel over to the UK to get done.

I wonder...when it's coming back from UK, will there be import duty on an item you already own?

I wonder...when it's coming back from UK, will there be import duty on an item you already own?
I am not sure Eoin. I could ask at work. We send stuff to the uk for polishing and back. It would probably need paperwork with it. I would just send it back to the North to a parcel motel and then forward it to me. But that would get expensive. Easier anymore to avoid the uk with there brexit.

Deffo worth checking up on, I intend on doing either a retrim, or widetrack steering wheel in my own car...at some stage. No rush, but be good to know all the same

I used Dublin Steering Wheels back in December on my Bugeye Momo Steering wheel. She did a cracking job and added red stitching to match the gearknob she redone also. Knob was €50 but she can't do the Shift pattern on the leather. The steering wheel has 2 different patterns on it, it was very shiny at the start but now with a few hours of hands on it it's came really really nice. Wheel was €150. She's on Facebook. Jyst WhatsApp her the photos and she'll quote you

Attachments

• IMG-20231213-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20231213-WA0005.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20231213_232802_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_232802_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Back