Steering wheel pitting

KrakityJones

ISDC Club Member
The top of my steering wheel is starting to wear, think all the hand sanitizer has eaten into it over the past year. Bottom half of the wheel is leather but top half is I dunno, vinyl/plastic, and it's that part that's worn, kind of pitted. Any way that can be sealed/restored? have seen a few kits online but they seem to be just for leather.

There's a couple of lads here that got their steering wheels retrimmed, they look class once done now to be fair.
Don't know who done them but surely one of the lads will be on to say so.

Stick a cover over it for now. Always had a cover on mine to keep the wheel looking fresh, covers look tatty but they do the job now đź‘Ś

Hi had same with wheel on blobeye wheel few years ago.. was in need of attention looked into leather refurb products but didn't work for me.

I used Royal steering wheel in uk sent it off excellent work and holding up very well since refurb.

Theres a few places here too that lads have used and are very happy with.

Good condition wheels come up for sale regularly not sure what wheel was in your foz but most interchangeable so mabay a opportunity to upgrade Hope that helps.

This is that Irish place comes recommended from another member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210618-095346_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210618-095346_Facebook.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 8
Nice one will check them out. Just spotted someone has one for sale on adverts that looks in good nick too, they handy enough to change out? Any concerns with airbags in a 2nd hand wheel?

May be of help to you or possibly others if going down the DIY route, product he used is Scratch Doctor All in One Colourant (Black) seems a good result.

Going to give that stuff a go, looks good. Sure if it doesn't sort the steering wheel twil give the couch a spruce up!

Back