Starter motor??

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
Alright lads i went to go for a blast earlier today in the rs and just got a click when I went to start it, all electrics are working fine so I'm guessing it's the starter motor?
Or would it be the starter motor solenoid, The starter motor was reconditioned in 2011 so would that mean the solenoid would have been replaced aswell..there was 164 thousand miles on it when reconditioned and its at 175,480 now..

Also checked all earth's and battery terminals and all seem fine and all are tight..pain in the hole to get the charge cooler off to check though..

If that doesn't work could I use the starter from the ra just to check? The ra is 280 horses though and the rs is 220 would that matter?

Check battery first as it could just need a charge as will click like that when showing 12v . Turn the lights on and check if you have 12v .
The ra starter will fit yes 👍
I’ll post a link to a new starter as reconditioning starters I found was a waste of time

Have a mate calling when the poxy rain stops to turn the key while I give it a few taps..

Didn't get a chance to go at the car yesterday with the rain so went out first thing today and it started first time, tried it two more times since then and it started both times 🤔🤔 goin to order a new starter anyway for piece of mind..

Did you get this sorted? Had it recently with my BH5 Leggy. Started most the time but would then fail. Few taps always started it.
Ended up taking the starter motor off and wet sanded the solenoid and now works every time. Really easy job (worst part was taking the TMIC off :ROFLMAO:).

Back