Spec-c now mapped.

funnyclub

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey Guys I got my 2006 and spec-c v-limited about a month ago and I have been driving it round like a baby ever since 4k rev limit at the max.
I had planned on having it mapped at some stage so last week I fitted a K&N drop in filter and I had a full milltek system fitted by Jomo Engineering top job John thanks :salute:
I then had the car booked in with Renno to have it mapped by Pat.
So on Sunday morning at 10.30 myself and Pat headed out in the car he uploaded a map which he had done on a spec-c in the Uk running on V-power.
I was running my car on Maxol fuel and a bottle of lucas as I wasnt sure if the new fuel was in. Anyway Pat had to change the map slightly but he said it wasnt too far out.
The car is running 1.5 bar boost in the midrange and its tailing off at top end.
So over the last few days I have had a good chance to test the car out and I have to say the difference is unreal it spools so quick and pull all the way to redline in every gear I love it :subaru:

My mate and my missus both reckon its faster than my previous Evo VII which was running a proven 356bhp and 410nm of torque.
But the drive of the sti is soo much better not real loud, not jerky and the handling is unreal I have to say I love it.
Next mod I think will have to be better brakes as the brembos just dont cut it with this hike in power and hopfully when this new fuel comes out I will have even more power.

Sounds great Paul glad your happy  :thumbsup: Your car and the RB320 where only 1 or 2 degree's out from the UK Map which is impressive.

Cool to say I am happy is an understatement. Its really nice to have a fast car that isnt a loud pig.
Top job done by Pat hes a top bloke :cheers:

So, you won't be returning to the dark side (Evo land) for a while. Was a pleasure to do the Milltek, really lovely car, best of luck,

John

John you should come on board as a tarder and support the ISDC, Uve been around a fair while now so im sure you can see how busy the site is and how many members are here. The Club could do with a sponser who services cars etc and well worth the fee.

[quote author=Renno link=topic=3762.msg38532#msg38532 date=1190804801]
John you should come on board as a tarder and support the ISDC, Uve been around a fair while now so im sure you can see how busy the site is and how many members are here. The Club could do with a sponser who services cars etc and well worth the fee.
[/quote]

Agree with above.

[quote author=Michael Spec C link=topic=3762.msg38542#msg38542 date=1190809453]
Hello Paul,

Its great to see you are very pleased with the map and supporting mods :subaru:

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael
[/quote]

She is an animal now and I love the way it handles I dont regret my move from Evo to Sti.
I really think I will go for a brake upgrade next as the standard brembos just dont cut when stopping from speed.

Good stuff lads! Best of luck with your motors!
I look forward to seeing them at the next meet!
Is anyone running there cars at the next mondello trackday (oct 29th)?
Dan

yeah would luv a few laps myself, c wat way i am closer to date , is it bout 2 tonne for half day ?

Yeah, it's 150 for the morning (usually 3 x 15-20minute sessions!) and 200 for the afternoon (usually 4 maybe 5 sessions). You'll easily use a tank of fuel in a half day! Well worth it! dan.

@ nodge and renno, I wil get my web site sorted first, and then come onboard. But at the moment I am so busy, it's hard to get the time. Will happen soon

John

Back