Sore ain't the word

dossie01

Petrolheads
Well lads, Lyin here kinda feelin sorry for myself and in serious pain at the same time. I was in a pretty bad smash just outside Adare there on Tuesday morning and only really feeling the effects of it full on now. Basically I was in a line of moving traffic just coming out of Adare heading towards Rathkeale, there was an artic ahead of me, then a Mitsubishi spacestar then me, a guy in an Almera coming the opposite way hit the back wheel of the artic tractor unit, ploughed into the spacestar, hit me head on and sent me into the ditch. My work vectra is a write off. I wasn't badly injured at the time, I got out and looked after the lady in the car in front until the ambulance came.

Fook knows what happened, seems the Almera for whatever reason crossed over to our side of the road and hit the truck and spun from there. We were blessed no one was killed and that's not an exaggeration. I have pics but I don't think I could put them up as there could well be a legal case. Guards are investigating. Havnt slept for days with the thoughts of it, and pain has really set in now. I've been to A & E to get checked out, nothing broken but all muscle pain. Still freaked out from seeing the car coming flying towards me. I'd love to know how that lady is doing.

A one second lapse of concentration may have caused this, or texting or something of the like. Lucky and glad to still be here to talk about it.

dossie makes sure ye go and get checked out by orthpaedic guy, i was in a crash before and had knee pain for 11 months after it, it only showed after 2 months :thumbsup:

sorry to hear that dossie, but as narked says make sure you FULLY CHECKED OUT], i was in a smash 8 years ago on the m50, effects only set in after a few days,was a year going to my gp and physio with no relife of pain, long and sort of it great doctor in the matter privite dublin diagnosed a broken bone in my neck, as the problem wasnt found straight away. left with limited feeling in my right hand and still in pain.

Hope you feel better soon. The physiological effects of feeling out of control can be as traumatic as the physical pain. My sis went through something similar and couldn't sleep for weeks

hope you feel well soon... once ye are all alive and able to tell the story thats the main thing..

fook , sounds scary alright :shock2:, get well soon bud and takes the lads advice :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear man and hope you get sorted soon.

On another note though make sure you claim as hospital cost for long term injuries aren't cheap. Some people hold off now as there is a stigma against it especially as the woman in the Alerma was more then lightly hurt bad but the long and short of it is that you have also been hurt and it's nothing personal against her. She has insurance for this exact reason so don't be stupid. Just get your self sorted and claim for the injures you have received nothing more. You will be stupid not to. Not a penny should come from your pocket for treatment.

Remember the "unmentionable" Dan. He crashed years ago thought nothing of it and is paying for it now.

Get to a Doctor and then get to a solicitor. She would if it was the other way round.

Once again hope you fell better soon man.

[quote author=EricRS (ericSTi) link=topic=31503.msg361806#msg361806 date=1315064903]

Remember the "unmentionable" Dan. He crashed years ago thought nothing of it and is paying for it now.

[/quote]

I hope your not talking about me Eric! Any Dave hope you get yourself sorted soon, get yourself back in on Monday for full check up as lads have said.

On a side note maybe this was a sign from above to stop driving those diesel tractors and come back to the world of Subaru! Your old one is still for sale!

Jeez Lad, hope you get back on track soon.......had a head on myself about 12 years ago and luckily walked away (and so did the other guy) completely unscathed........didn't sleep for a long time afterwards though thinking about the what ifs.

Make sure you get yourself well checked over as injuries will raise their heads over time .

Hello Dave,

It sounds like a very scary Accident :shock2:

I hope everything is ok with you & that you are only suffering from muscle pain :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for the kind words lads. I'll be back at the docs on Monday, if it's this bad now I dread what the pain could be like down the line. I'll be sure to get fully checked out

Drama never ends in my life I tell ya!

On saturday night bout 1 am I woke up with massive chest pains and pain down my left arm. I was vomiting blood and Ciara rang an ambulance, I had all the signs of a heart atack but sure im 31, after nearly 2 days in A&E I was discharged. The combination of the tablets I was on sent my body into shock and my heart couldnt hack it. On the mend now apart from still havin a fucked back.

Went to see the company doc today and im signed off for 2 weeks during our busiest period of the year in work, im still on my 6 mths probation and shitting it that it will go against me, I know in my heart legally it cant but doesnt stop ya worrying. If it wasnt for bad luck id have none at all, here to tell the tale tho

All this since I sold the legacy, I reckon I need to buy it back to banish the demons

Back in work tomorrow after 3 1/2 weeks off after the crash. To be honest im still f**kd and heavily reliant on pain relief but I just don't know what to do. I'm on 6 months probation in this job, I'm a hard worker and need to keep the job, but I'm a rep and do close to 1,000 klms a week. I can't take the painkillers while I'm drivin so I'm goosed either way.
Can only see how i get on and take it from there!

If it was a crash that happened while working I wouldn't rush back in to going back Dave. You don't want to make yourself any worse

If the pain is in your hips/neck/back, the worst things for it are sitting down all day, driving all day or lying in bed. Your muscles just turn to mush. Your doc should be able to show you some aerobic exercises to strengthen muscle groups back up and get some flexibility going again.

Little tips are if standing, change footing positions as much as possible. Don't allow your shoulders, head or back to droop into positions that although may feel comfortable, but require a deal of discomfort removing yourself from them.

If the pain is stopping you holding your normal posture in comfort, something isn't right and needs to be looked over right away.

Best thing to do is crack on with it but at the same time, for you that means sitting in a car doing a lot of miles a week, if it were me, another week or 2 at home doing a bit of DIY and odd bits just to pick the energy & muscle levels back up might be the ticket! Worst thing you can be doing is sitting/lying down all day!

Hope you get back on track soon!

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=31503.msg365175#msg365175 date=1317592968]
Back in work tomorrow after 3 1/2 weeks off after the crash. To be honest im still f**kd and heavily reliant on pain relief but I just don't know what to do. I'm on 6 months probation in this job, I'm a hard worker and need to keep the job, but I'm a rep and do close to 1,000 klms a week. [glow=red,2,300]I can't take the painkillers while I'm drivin so I'm goosed either way. [/glow]
Can only see how i get on and take it from there!
[/quote]

get some difene off him but have them with food, theyre fine for driving as they are anti inflammatory

It was the difene, or diclofenac that put me in hospital that time Dave, I've a hernia in my stomach that reacts badly to them, can't go the traditional route which is a pain in the hole, the only tablets I can take that ease the pain are strong as fook

Back