SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

thescotsman

Sunday Drivers
Well folks, my type R took a slight overdose of ditch and I havn't the funds to go fixing it right now so have decided to break it. Dibs has been called on the engine. The front right wing, bumper and headlamp are nackered, as is the front right corner of the bonnet but could probably be bate out if someone was handy with ally. There's a small dent in the front left wing as well but nothing major. Couple of arms and things are bent but mostly still intact. There's a girl taking the 4 tyres off me as well but the wheels are still there, 1 is slightly scuffed but there's nothing wrong with them really a good clean up wouldn't sort.

I'm off work next week so I'll be stripping it then and I'll post up pics of everything.

Thanks.

Mark C

Re: 98 STI Type R, black, for breaking

A pic of how she used to look anyway to give folks and idea :icon_cry:

032.jpg

028.jpg

This was for sale on donedeal only recently if Im not mistaken. Sorry to hear your misfortune.

Froggy might buy the car complete?

Well lad,
What's the gearbox like? And whines? What are the syncros like? Milage and what ya thinking of price wise?

Cheers
Donie

@ ckay, thanks buck replied.

@Blitzer09, thanks for the call buck. Give me a ring next week and I'll have them off for you.

@ AndyC, yup froggy made me a good offer alright but I think I'll take me chances breaking it meself. Nope wasn't on donedeal recently afaik, I bought it off a member on here.

@ Donie_typeR, 3rd gear is notchy alright and could use a syncro, crunches going up the box. Box is perfect otherwise, mileage is about 100,000 miles. Give me a ring and we'll chat about price.

Thanks.

Mark C

What's the steering wheel and gear knob like much ya want for them mine went shitty while car was sitting up also IM looking for non airbag wheel

[quote author=m3 mick link=topic=27494.msg321532#msg321532 date=1288958681]
What's the steering wheel and gear knob like much ya want for them mine went shitty while car was sitting up also IM looking for non airbag wheel
[/quote]

Gearknob is a "rare ballerina shift", I'll take a pic of it for you. It's actually quite a nice shifter, has a plaque and everything. The shine is gone off the top of the steering wheel but it is clean and in good nick otherwise. Again I'll post a pic the weekend or monday. The wheel on the car is an airbag wheel I'm nearly sure but I'll confirm for you.

just had a look for ya there mark ...steering wheel is airbag type :thumbsup:

No bother il keep looking so gear knob don't matter cos it was really the wheel I wanted cos mines fooked cheers all the same lad

[quote author=gizmo 5 link=topic=27494.msg322507#msg322507 date=1289503252]
bump for ya mark...uv a busy week :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thanks again for the last day Gar. I owe ya 1.

[quote author=ger sti link=topic=27494.msg322508#msg322508 date=1289503968]
what exhaust system is on it
[/quote]

There's a stainless TSL downpipe and it's stainless all the way back bar a section where I'd say it was repaired before. It has a nice sound off it. Roars when you drive on but not droney when cruising. I'll take pics if you want.

yeah if u could lad wat repair was done on it before has it got the standard manifold

Yup standard manifold is there anyway, no blows or cracks in it. Going uploading pics now, will probably take a half hour or so, mobiile interwebs ain't great where I am just now.

no prob had it got the flat 4 rumble out of it thats wat im really after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back