So 2/3 of road tax goes to Irish Water

That's the worst of it really I don't see a plausible option at the moment, and I hate abstaining a vote its just putting your head in the sand. Each party is as bad as the other. Fine Gael are by far the worst though I never have and will never ever vote for them.

Road tax is a joke, but VRT is the biggest disgrace of all below is a quote from Revenues FAQ section this is deliberately misleading VRT is on the fringes of legal and totally against the Freedom of movement of goods within the EU

I thought VRT was illegal under EU law?

That is not the case.

Member States are entitled to charge national taxes provided that there is no discrimination against imported goods in favour of indigenous goods.

VRT is a national tax in Ireland and does not contravene EU law in that the VRT payable on the registration of an imported vehicle is equal to the amount of residual VRT contained in a similar vehicle already in the State.

ming is probably the only one id vote for as he seems to enjoy 'sticken it to the man ', fu*k id even vote for eddie hobbs over any other of the shower of clowns .

Isn't there supposed to be a new political party being started by Hobbs?

If Greece try tell the troika to feic off they won't get a bailout. Greece's markets will crash and due to their debts, no country will lend them money. The country will become worthless and will end up being sold to the highest bidder. In saying that, bailouts are a load of bollix!

The bad thing and wrong thing is that people get so pissed off that it ends being a case of voting for anyone BUT FG Labour Greens FF etc etc... So that's when you end up with last local election where SF and Independants capitalise...
It's not good do when people vote in anger... Things can go too far left...

Greece's idea is a nice one but it's hard to see how it's going to work well for them.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=43892.msg506441#msg506441 date=1423411405]
The bad thing and wrong thing is that people get so pissed off that it ends being a case of voting for anyone BUT FG Labour Greens FF etc etc... So that's when you end up with last local election where SF and Independants capitalise...
It's not good do when people vote in anger... Things can go too far left...

Greece's idea is a nice one but it's hard to see how it's going to work well for them.
[/quote]

have to agree Ken .. Sadly its a case of better the devil you know kind of thing

Yeah... Im the first to blurt out that I will be voting FG and labour out... But to vote them out you need to vote someone in... And I don't know about you guys but I havent a clue who to vote for... Sinn Fein have some very good speakers, in debates they are usually far ahead of more senior experienced other party individuals.. But sadly as a whole sticking the fingers up at Europe is not an option, and really laying on the taxes to high earners is going to push them to leave the country or at least " technically" not reside here... I would love to have a party in that is a normal working mans party, but there has to be a balance between looking after the low earners and penalising high earners and I don't think SF have grasped that.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=43892.msg506455#msg506455 date=1423418005]
I would love to have a party in that is a normal working mans party
[/quote]

Thats supposed to be Labour HaHa

Yeah I think they might have trouble selling that pitch in the future.

Back