significant changes regarding L drivers

Magic

Middle Lane Hogs
so it happened Lads
starting on bank holiday monday any L driver will be obligated to drive ONLY accompanied by a person who owns full driving licence.

If not obeyed L-driver will face e1000 fine and.. :ponder: bit harsh but isn't that what "all" have been waiting for ?:p

I think i'm one of two L subaru drivers so that only concerns us :(

hope they will finally cut down waiting time for test cause I really feel like slapping few faces

I think it's a great idea.
At present there is no incentive for people to get their full license. There is no major change in insurance (a couple of hundred euro but what's that when you're paying a few grand).

Tough but fair.... I'm all for it... Too many idiots on the road these days...

Ye there is a lot of idiots on the roads today

but it doesnt matter what license they have there still going to be idiots

it just means they can drive faster cars when they have there full... :D

But they drive those fast cars now... Sure my friend with the NSX had that for a while with a provisional.... Madness..
The restriction to 1L is proper order.

If they are really stupid they won't pass their test and won't be able to drive on their own. Which can only be a good thing....

[quote author=Magic link=topic=4119.msg42964#msg42964 date=1193399909]
so it happened Lads
starting on bank holiday monday any L driver will be obligated to drive ONLY accompanied by a person who owns full driving licence.

If not obeyed L-driver will face e1000 fine and..  :ponder:  bit harsh but isn't that what "all" have been waiting for ?:p

I think i'm one of two L subaru drivers so that only concerns us :(

hope they will finally cut down waiting time for test cause I really feel like slapping few faces
[/quote]

Is it for ANY Provincial Licence holder or first year or second year ??

i wouldnt mind it, its just the waiting list for the license. why should you pay €1000 because you cant get the fucking thing! i think it would be a good idea if you got a receipt to say that youve applied for your test, then you can drive unaccompanied. that would be slightly better. doesnt bother me though ive got a full license :D

Was waitin 7 months but failed last month :oops:

they said it should only take one month for my next test ROBBERS....

Not being an a$$hole here Paul V4, but he failed you for a reason and decided you did not deserve a full license. Why should you be let unaccompanied on the road then?

Where is the logic in going for your test, failing it and driving away in your car on the public road afterwards when you were thought to be not up to it...?

I think the system that is currently in place is and absolute joke....

[quote author=Renno link=topic=4119.msg42968#msg42968 date=1193401689]
Is it for ANY Provincial Licence holder or first year or second year ??
[/quote]

@Renno:
it applies to ANY provisional. All L drivers will have to accompanied.

and as far as I remember from the radio. They want to change the provisional drivin licence into "Learners permit".
So all those folks who got a provisional won't get it renewed. You will have to apply for "learners permit".
I don't know what the timeframe for those changes.

I know its a joke BIG TIME

Sure get this, my sister did her test last year she cant drive for$hit

and will say so her self the tester asked her to park in a space in a car park

the white line was right up the middle under her car :lol: she hit a bid path going around a coner

and gess what she PASSED first time, :roll:

[quote author=scoobyIrl link=topic=4119.msg42986#msg42986 date=1193404004]
It'll make it very hard for any young drivers to get any proper experience on the road!
[/quote]

Why? I passed my test in the UK and you just wouldn't dare drive unaccompanied on L plates. It's up to the learner to get supervision and/or take lessons.

my car will be parked on the curb for a good while so. An what can we do about it? nothing. Why cant they it just apply to people applying for there provisional licences now instead of "being lenient for 2 months"??
Wats goin to happen to the lads that are apprentices an have to work in diffrent counties and towns? pack in there jobs? surely all of them cant get lifts here there and everywhere

:ponder: :ponder: :ponder: bit confused with all the talk of this :dunno:
this has always been the case its only now they are doing something about it
all provisional drivers driving unaccompanied are driving without insurance also- i would say this is one of the main reasons for the high spiraling costs of insurance
just my opinion but this is a good thing
i live in n. ireland and you would NEVER attempt to drive on a provisional without a full licenced driver beside you
they would throw the book at you
also if this brings down road deaths i think everyone would agree this is a good thing :thumbsup:

so here's how it works in other countries (best known to me example of Poland):
you have to go thru driving course - 15 hours minimum of theory and at least 30h of driving.
Once you have it done and you can apply for the test.
First comes theory - if passed you apply for driving test.

Waiting time is usually 30days (may vary in diff regions).
You pass the test on the car that belongs to driving test center (micra, corsa).

That means that you're not allowed to drive unless you pass both theory and driving tests.

If it was here in Ireland like that before I started driving I'd go thru it.
But now when I have a fancy car and mobility I disagree with new rules.
It's impossible to have a second driver with you all the time.

I fully support putting most of L drivers off the roads and restrictions but...
However drivers aged 25+ with 2/3 years ncb could be allowed to drive without accompanied driver.

Back