Show us your animals! (Dogs/cats/fish/reptiles/farm!)

Cheers lads for the Info :thumbsup:
@Charles yes id rather go that route :thumbsup:
could I come down saturday or sunday with my Daughter and have a look
do i need to make a appointment or just call of spec?
Thanks

Hi Colm,

That's great!

No appointment needed. They are open all days, except Fridays, from 2pm till 5pm. It might make sense to give them a ring beforehand if you have very specific wishes as it means you won't drive down in vain (059 6473396). They usually have over a hundred dogs on the premises, so there's plenty there at any one time. Ask for Helena or Remi and tell them I sent you.

A lot of the dogs are on FB and their website too if you wanted to have a browse through to see if there's something you and your daughter like the look of. I'm only about 3-4 miles down the road, so welcome to drop down for a cuppa and a natter after if you want. :new_gmorning:

Starting with JD , Japanese Akita
Litter of jack Russell pup
And trixie last

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi Charles thanks for the kind offer
I wont have time to stop in and ill be with the family anyway
but ill call in some other time :thumbsup:
Ill be going down either Saturday or Sunday (most likely Sunday )
and bye reading on the website just let my Daughter have a chat and see what they have and maybe take one for a walk etc. and take it from there
we don't have any specific requirements except preferably a short haired dog and possibly Labrador / collie if possible but not a complete decider
My Daughter Ciara has been reading books about it already so she has a fair bit of Knowledge and understands the commitment she is taking for many years to come
I know it will really be me but I think its best to have her think shes the one with the responsibility
Shes a Great smart kid and wants to be a vet when she is older and has always waned a dog
So we've decided the time is right to commit
We would definitely prefer to Adopt a dog from someone we know from someone so its perfect
Ill be sure to mention you sent us in
Thanks for the help and Karma on route
Cheers Colm :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=42081.msg481711#msg481711 date=1403790522]
Hi Colm,

That's great!

No appointment needed. They are open all days, except Fridays, from 2pm till 5pm. It might make sense to give them a ring beforehand if you have very specific wishes as it means you won't drive down in vain (059 6473396). They usually have over a hundred dogs on the premises, so there's plenty there at any one time. Ask for Helena or Remi and tell them I sent you.

A lot of the dogs are on FB and their website too if you wanted to have a browse through to see if there's something you and your daughter like the look of. I'm only about 3-4 miles down the road, so welcome to drop down for a cuppa and a natter after if you want. :new_gmorning:
[/quote]

Hi Colm, all good fella. You have the right idea anyway about teaching her etc. :thumbsup:

ASH is a great place to visit anyway and indeed take out 1-2 dogs to go for a walk as lovely scenery around too - especially if your daughter loves animals and wants to investigate the experience of working with animals etc. Loads of different animals... mainly dogs, but couple of foxes (one even in the livingroom!!!), loads of cats, chickens, ducks, donkey, pigs, etc. My mother (Helena) does talks around Ireland in schools on animal care and welfare as well, and for a long time they ran a work experience programme for trainee vets and animal care students... so Ciara can ask any and all questions if she's curious ;-)

Thanks Charles just read your post to Ciara and she is over the moon
First thing she asked could your Mother come to her school :pray: :icon_grin:
Ill let her do the talking when we go down
But seriously She is very excited about it all and I just want to do it the right way etc. so I feel better already that we are going to ASH
Thanks again
Colm :thumbsup:

Meet Casey!
hytuqe9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mia our husky
20140627_183833_zpsc48c060f.jpg

Nanook our malamute
20140627_183855_zpsd0db4be6.jpg

and Taz our boa
20140627_183952_zpsfafc7614.jpg

Taz is about 5 foot at the min and he'll get to about 8 foot fully grown

Had the pleasure to visit ASH today and met your Father Charles
Advised us on a dog that the Kids where absolutely Besotted with
Have done the paper work now awaiting for the home check and hopefully Mo Farah will be with us next week
What a special place Thank you for sending us there
Many Thanks Colm :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_pray: :scoobydoo: :goodpost:

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=42081.msg481723#msg481723 date=1403809670]
Hi Colm, all good fella. You have the right idea anyway about teaching her etc. :thumbsup:

ASH is a great place to visit anyway and indeed take out 1-2 dogs to go for a walk as lovely scenery around too - especially if your daughter loves animals and wants to investigate the experience of working with animals etc. Loads of different animals... mainly dogs, but couple of foxes (one even in the livingroom!!!), loads of cats, chickens, ducks, donkey, pigs, etc. My mother (Helena) does talks around Ireland in schools on animal care and welfare as well, and for a long time they ran a work experience programme for trainee vets and animal care students... so Ciara can ask any and all questions if she's curious ;-)
[/quote]

@Colm : thanks fella... happy it worked out for you and the kids and were able to find just the right pet! Did Ciara see the fox in the living room? :icon_grin:

She went for a Lurcher between 1 - 2 year old
As Charles Dad advised he was perfect for her and she fell in love with him immediately had a look at some others but she was set on him lovely dog and she's on the iPad studying all about them now
Great place couldn't recommend them enough :thumbsup:

where do i start apart from the 2 kids :653: i have a 4 year old boxer called Rocki, hyper as fu*k but such a great dog and the kids knock great crack out of him, i also have a 2 cats Cathy and my son who refuses to change the name of the other one "Baby kitty cat" Cathy went missing a while ago and came home with 2 kittens so yeah thats fun but sure they will be homed soon

My main hobby at the moment is fish keeping, only at it just over a year and have set up a 260 liter African cichlid tank, anyway enough talk here are some pics of the lot

549316_10151517481575520_767787688_n.jpg

1006000_10151775323455520_204181881_n.jpg

301775_10150761082860520_1139407816_n.jpg

10402863_10152507195635520_6982373144738908503_n.jpg

562101_10150828085070520_1061548625_n.jpg

86FC31DD-3296-42EA-86A9-FCE2FDB15032_zpss7z7z4ew.jpg.html

D6B16BE8-FB9C-4062-BD8C-588D499B68B6_zpsokrazzg3.jpg.html

07CEF5B9-67B2-418A-94B6-A878A1D95403_zpsmt59l4hj.jpg.html

Cool pics of the fish... and love the shot with the chap in the childseat and the boxer looking over the back seat... classic! :icon_grin:

Few pics of my dog Scooby that I got from Alan on here about 5 years ago. He's a Boxer/Rotweiller cross. Don't really have any recent pics of him but he's much the same just bigger.

Back