Shoot me now

Wes

Sunday Drivers
I reversed into a pillar in an underground car park yesterday.  :hang: Looks like I need a new bumper plus rear light.

Got quote for parts from Subaru for €500. Happy enough with that except there are none in stock, have to wait 3-4 weeks  :cry:

Can anyone tell me

1. Is Spec C rear bumper + light the same as Irish Sti?

2. Where to source some parts quicker than 3-4 weeks!

Here's a pic of the damage ...
DSC01016.jpg

The Irish are the same as the Jap as far as I know. The jap front headlights are different cause they have no orange insert ;)

sickener man! i don't think theres any difference in the bumpers

The jap number plate holder is different but that should be all. Someone else on here will have a better idea

matbe photo does not show all, but why a new bumper :ponder:

:thumbsup:

Don'tcha just hate underground/multi-storey carparks, they seem to be designed to damage your car!   :wall:

(Probably by out-of-work panel beaters?  :shoot: )

it could be fixed very easily, no need for a knew bumper, when i got my car first there was one in it 3 times the size of it, got it fixed buy a good painter, you would never tell there was ever a bump in it ;)

thats what i was thinkin, it doesnt look too bad at all

ha ha!

Tbh the panel beater is a friend of mine so when he told me it would never be 100% right, I believed him. And I do want it back to its original immacualte condition.

That is the extent of the damage, one pillar, 2 mph, sickened

Hey Wes maybe there is more damage than that pic show's

But with my first impreza, my girlfriend (Sinead) was leaning to drive :wall: :wall: :wall:
..................and yes she banged it. Similar to what you've done . While doing a Kind of 3
point turn drove at about 2mph into the tow bar of a mobile home :lol: :lol:

Anyway there was a bit of damage to the front bumper cracks, lights, bumps etc.
It was fixed 100% with some sort of plastic heat treatment ...... i found most panel beaters
wouldn't do it ..............but one of the largest company's here in Cork did ......( so might be no harm to ask around).

Niall.

ya where are ya wes, i know a fella is sligo that would have no dramas with that

sound fella too, wont let her go if your not happy n thats true

(we nearly let the bottle go there lads) :D

:thumbsup:

ya when he says not 100% he probably means its only going to be 99% fixed :D i doubt you'd even notice, only a panel beater would, cause it really is only something minor

Thanks lads,

I ordered the parts from Subaru today (bumper, retainer & light) ... I dont want even a panel beater to know it got a shunt. Im very particular about stuff like that, the car is like new, dont have it that long and will probably have it for at least 1-2 years.

So for the sake of a few quid, I think its worth it to buy a new bumper. Its not that expensive either, at €230.

Back