Shipping Containers

Sorry to but in on your thread but are they a plausible solution to storing cars?
I see a few on Donedeal.

The father used to buy a few off a lad down my way when he was building . Will see if yer man is still selling them . 20 or 40 foot your after

i have a 20ft for sale if anyone interested, wired for lights and sockets. Limerick area
had it while building house. has served its purpose.
teleporter on site at the mo to load it, dont know for how long though.

Let me know if you need 1 llorry lad i use has a good few and moves them all the time for us crane on the lorry :thumbsup:

Honestly not a good idea, I have seen a car left in one of them for two years when a friend was in Australia when it was taken out it had rot like nothing I had seen before, genuinely went downhill an unbelievable amount in such a short space of time. No airflow and they sweat and build condensation.

If I was set on using one, I think I would try dryline it out or use a carcoon with extractor and de humidifier inside it.

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6™ link=topic=43060.msg493704#msg493704 date=1413920335]
You'd be amazed what a Pikey will try Tommy
[/quote]

Nothing amazes me about our fran at this stage j

Yea you would need it vented alright. Mines not for a car.
I want a 40ft but needs to be a fresh one, dont want a tattly box.

Getting back on topic . As has being said not a good idea to park something in there and or store stuff Close the doors. Insulate and dehumidifier Would be grand . In cold weather the condensation will just run off the roof which would not be fun :doh: can get you a price of a good 1 delivered if you want let me know to where :thumbsup:

Only 1 20 ft left with the guy the father knew and at that it is vented but not in a good way it's very rusty in places . No help to ya really Pete .

Pete you are talking in or around 1500 to get one from one of the container depots in Dubland. Then a price to deliver to you depending on where in the country your at will determine the cost of delivery.
I have a few numbers for container depots if you want. They will not budge on price doh.
Possibly as well looking in local trader or buy an sell. (For a better deal) then you would have to get in transported from there place to yours and get it off loaded and all that jazz.

Back