S4 WRX

lordderak

Sunday Drivers
Hi Lads

I really regretted selling my SF5 and i really want to get back into another Subaru
Does anybody know anything about the S4 WRX?

I spotted this one for sale in Dublin

Looking at prices in Japan for the same year etc it does seem competitively priced when you factor in shipping and all associated costs to clear the car etc.

I thought I spotted another white Subaru over your direction that was the Foresters replacement?

Interested to know about these S4 too. The auto would turn me off big time though.
That ones for sale a while. He had it up for 40k one time.

I thought I spotted another white Subaru over your direction that was the Foresters replacement?

Interested to know about these S4 too. The auto would turn me off big time though.
That ones for sale a while. He had it up for 40k one time.
No, a guy i work with bought that Impreza.
The auto box in them is supposedly very good, but would be worth a try first.
They are 17/18k min in Japan to buy (s4) at the moment, so i think the price is more realistic now if it was at 40k before.
Still if i was serious id be trying him at 20 and see.

Read several reviews on the wrx s4 and a very good package by all accounts , nearly 300 bhp and a fast comfortable car, I think it looks great , do it 😀

Be a nice machine someone here said tax is only 600 on it.
If correct thats a bargin.

Fa20 engine be something different too very good by all accounts

JDM S4 model had all the toys

Worth viewing imo 👌 👍

Pm sent.

Wouldn’t be giving 24 for an auto Wrx 🤣 Can be got a good bit cheap in Japan 10-15k

Tax on anything over June 2008 is over more then that.

Definitely not €600 territory

Last edited:
Isn't that why there are not many wrx and Sti models in Ireland after 2008.

I'm sure lads know better then me but when I was vrt the Exiga it was June 2008 born and they mentioned that I avoided the loaded tax.

Last edited:
Depends on. the model as it’s based on emissions after June 08 .
That s4 is auto and has the Subaru fa20 engine so the tax is 710

Can't find much on them, but the FA20 with the CVT box is 199g/km. Under NEDC that's €1250 per annum.

I don't think a 2014 car meets WLTP standards because it didn't come in until 2017, and is subject to cars within the European Domestic Market as far as I know. If you can somehow have it registered with it's tax assessment done under WLTP rather than NEDC, it would be €790 per annum.

Can't find much on them, but the FA20 with the CVT box is 199g/km. Under NEDC that's €1250 per annum.

I don't think a 2014 car meets WLTP standards because it didn't come in until 2017, and is subject to cars within the European Domestic Market as far as I know. If you can somehow have it registered with it's tax assessment done under WLTP rather than NEDC, it would be €790 per annum.

174g c02 it seems on the Japanese ones and 197g c02 one the Uk Forester equivelant

Not sure why the difference ,map I was thinking maybe

Back