robert barrable monte fiesta r5 entry

wagon dec

Member Number 257
140103_rb.jpg

Robert Barrable will contest Rallye Monte-Carlo, the opening round of the 2014 FIA World Rally Championship, after his late entry was accepted by the FIA and rally organisers.
Barrable, from Ireland, and his Scottish co-driver Stuart Loudon will drive a Tunnock’s World Rally Team Ford Fiesta R5 in the WRC 2 category.

This will be the first time Barrable has contested the Monte, although the 26-year old did make ice notes on last year’s event.

“When an opportunity came up to contest the Monte Carlo Rally, I wasn’t going to turn it down!” said Barrable, who will go up against four other Fiesta R5 drivers in the WRC2 class.

“Without doubt, it’s going to be the biggest challenge of my career. The sheer size of the rally makes me a little nervous, but I drove the stages last year, I’ve got a feel for the terrain and I know what Stuart and I will need to do to make good pace notes.

“We’ve got high-hopes of scoring a good WRC-2 result, but most of all we hope the New Year brings us a little more luck and we’ll start 2014 with a good trouble-free run.”

Back