Road Legal Quad??

S

Scoobymaniac

I've been looking into getting a road legal quad.

The biggest issue seems to be insurance.
I've read that there is an EU law that allows the use of quads on the road for private use once it conforms to standards (lights etc.) I dont want to try anything like insuring it as an agricultural vehicle of anything. I would rather to be completely legit

I know there are loads available in the UK and no issues over there.

But what is the story here? I know they exsist here but how?
Anyone knowof someone that has one and how it was done?

Afaik phil the only quads that can be legally registered are farm quads my mates have got it done but they were brought in from the uk already registered and changed over to irish plate as work vehicle ie.farm quad dont think you can reg them for full time road use privately

phil i checked that out before... Very hard ta get insured other than as farm/work vehicle. Some laugh of a yoke ta be using on the road still looking for a cheap road legal as ive trade insurance but road legal quads are always very expensive or just really slow crap imports

Isn't there some new law now that says they can't be used on the road regardless? Mate has two "road legal" raptors and he was tellin me about it.

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=26199.msg307732#msg307732 date=1283263573]
Isn't there some new law now that says they can't be used on the road regardless? Mate has two "road legal" raptors and he was tellin me about it.

[/quote]

Not sure to be honest man, But any info you can find out would be great :thumbsup:

there was an auld priest down this way and and he used his quad to go everywhere
im presuming it would have been road legal

Back