Replacing Downpipe

Are you trying to work on your post count Frawls :D

Yeah its Gary alright, he has looked after the car since it landed here, Deco (last owner) always got Gary to do the work on her & I'm happy with his work too so will keep going to him. If he can work on 500k WRC cars every day I trust him with mine!
A couple of good points there, there is a little oil inside the dumpvalve and Rob (scoobyke) said to me it would be worth taking out the intercooler and giving the whole thing a clean so will mention that to Gary.
I've always heard about wrapped downpipes, but what purpose does it serve? Just keeps the engine bay cooler or is there more to it?

And cheers again for the advice :thumbsup:

it helps the exhaust gas flow out better,keeps the heat in all the way to the exit...also keeps heat away from engine bay... :thumbsup:

Right lads, got the car serviced yesterday, catted downpipe back on her. Very handy job for my mechanic, when he fitted the decat pipe last time he used grease which he uses on the WRC machinery, cope with temperatures of 1800 degrees so he had no bother switching them.

Had the NCT last night too - she breezed through it.
TBH the lads didn't even do a brake test on her, I told them about the rolling road and was watching them like a hawk. Fully expected them to take off out of the Ind Estate in my pride & joy but they never bothered, the joy of being the last car booked in on a cold Thursday evening. They never checked the boot either for spare wheel, jack or wheel brace - fair play boys :thumbsup:

Although when the bloke measuring emissions revved her up the other 3 lads in the centre all stopped what they were doing and walked down to the car and walked around talking about it, ya just can't beat the flat 4 rumble.

And cheers to Nic for directions & mini-meet in Arklow :D

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=4651.msg52001#msg52001 date=1199436418]
Although when the bloke measuring emissions revved her up the other 3 lads in the centre all stopped what they were doing and walked down to the car and walked around talking about it, ya just can't beat the flat 4 rumble.
[/quote]

Same thing happened to me except they were also taking pictures which I wasnt happy about. 3 other peoples cars left sitting there while they all gathered around mine hahaha

Back