Replacement clutch...

Hi the kit consists of a new clutch plate, pressure plate and release bearing.

The earliest I can get you booked in would be Monday 14th March.

Let me know if that suits you or not, and if you are up before 08.30 you will be out the same day no probs.

Hi John - had trouble getting through on the phone. Can you confirm Monday 14 March is still OK please, I can be there for 8:30. Could you email me confirmation please? richard <dot> dowsett <at> citi <dot> com

Cheers, Richard

Hi richard, the phones we flat out today and i had a few missed calls from an private number which would normally be the south.

Yes the 14th is fine, see you @ 08.30.

Regards
John

Hi John - got your PM thanks. Towards end of week fine, but would prefer Wed/Thurs. Let me know when you know.

Thanks, Richard

Hi John - any update? It will need to be next week now I think?

Thanks, Richard (richard <dot> dowsett <at> citi <dot> com)

[quote author=mynameismud link=topic=29268.msg343260#msg343260 date=1300282965]
what would one expect to pay for a new clutch all in?
[/quote]

We have a offer on the competition clutch's and fitting at the moment, £625 incl vat fitted and have been tested to 525Ib/ft sofar with no slip.

[quote author=Richard.D link=topic=29268.msg343406#msg343406 date=1300362180]
Tuesday next week John?

Thanks, Richard
[/quote]

Hi richard, yes that is fine see you then.

Regards
John

[quote author=Richard.D link=topic=29268.msg343547#msg343547 date=1300462299]
Thanks John - see you then. Last questions, what time are you open, and is Visa payment OK?

Richard
[/quote]

Hi richard, we open @ 08.30 and we can accept visa ok.

See you soon.

A big thank you to John and the guys at ECC who worked on my car yesterday (Adrian and Kevin I think). They know their stuff and weren't phased by my DIY LHD set-up...still dropped the box within 2 hours even though it necessitated turbo removal to get the box out (oops - didn't think about box removal when twisting the set-up!).

The stage 4 clutch they use is better than my previous SPECS item (although note that it isn't, and never will be [I suspect, it is not bedded in fully yet], OE smooth in operation).

It's about 1h 20min drive from Dublin 4, they have tea and coffee plus a take-away van right outside, and Lisburn town centre is a 15 minute walk away (they offered to drop me down, but what else was I going to do with the day!). Oh, and there are lots of eye-candy projects in the workshop, including a very serious track Impreza build using the latest and greatest bits.

Very pleased, thanks again!

Richard

Good to hear everything went/is going according to plan Richard

Fair play to the lads, they do know their stuff!!!!

Back