Removing airbox resonator?

Yeah do you know the sound track is def worth it but as far as increased performance I dont know/think so.

Takes a little while to take off but! I have the std intake with a panel filter and I never had any problems with maf or anything.

Rgds

Paddy

Richie0236.jpg

Richie0238.jpg

Richie0237.jpg

Good man Richie. Going to have a go at mine at the weekend if the weather is not too cold when I get home.

Yeah Ken......little f***er just popped out ... . That explains that weird noise i was hearing :lol: Sounds grand, you hear a low sort of pop as she sucks in but everything sounds muffled in the snow anyway. Two bolts to undo, one up top on the inside left of engine bay and one underneath that holds resonator and a bit of wriggling and its out. Theres a stay arm that supports the bumper and i had to bend it out of the way a bit to get it out and then bend it back.............handy enough job :thumbsup:

Removed the resonator on my car just before i got it mapped. Sounds good without it and Andy forrest recomends removing it if your getting a map for a bit extra power.
I actually put it back in briefly at one stage and got a severe reduction in power/throttle response.
So, not sure of its effect without a map but it obviously makes a difference with a map :thumbsup:

Back