remove radio from B4 legacy?????

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=5106.msg57403#msg57403 date=1201361072]
[quote author=barkeenan link=topic=5106.msg57298#msg57298 date=1201298901]
ok lads, tackled it again today and still makin no progress!
can only find those 3 screws. the two under the gear surround and the one at the back of the ashtray!
There are no other ones!!!!
only torx head bolts!!!!!
im goin to crack up!!!! :angry:
Anyone know where im goin wrong????
[/quote]

Will have a look at it if ya like :thumbsup:
[/quote]

If ya would it would be great!!!! :thumbsup:

theres a heap of screws in behind the plastic suround that have to come out, the stereo and cc are in one big kinda cage job

i think :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: may be the answer!
id be fine if i could just get the surround off!!!!
Goin to tackle it again today, listening to radio 1 all weekend does your head in! :doh:

Did u find the two screws that are located vertically in the ash tray holder plate? Very difficult to get at, you can't see them, you have to feel where they are. I used a tiny ratchet to undo them as I don't think there's any screw driver small enough to fit in there! Mine was a kenwood double din yoke. To fill in the gap after you can get an autoleads universal DIN pocket, it comes with 3 trim pieces that u can clip on to the front. I think the Nissan attachment is the one to use. Only read this today, hope it's some help!

[quote author=johnjoe link=topic=5106.msg58067#msg58067 date=1201609881]
Did u find the two screws that are located vertically in the ash tray holder plate? Very difficult to get at, you can't see them, you have to feel where they are. I used a tiny ratchet to undo them as I don't think there's any screw driver small enough to fit in there! Mine was a kenwood double din yoke. To fill in the gap after you can get an autoleads universal DIN pocket, it comes with 3 trim pieces that u can clip on to the front. I think the Nissan attachment is the one to use. Only read this today, hope it's some help!
[/quote]

i cant even see those two screws!
they feel like rivets in my car!
there is a screw alright at the back of the ash tray, when i take it out, the ash tray holder plate can move around a bit but i cant
even see or feel the vertical screws!
very close to :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
i was to busy to try it today so ill chance it tomorrow!
thanks for the help, id be lost otherwise!

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=5106.msg58685#msg58685 date=1201807125]
I've found somethin that'll help ya :thumbsup:

[/quote]

What will help me???????????????? :clap:

[quote author=barkeenan link=topic=5106.msg59260#msg59260 date=1201976390]
[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=5106.msg58685#msg58685 date=1201807125]
I've found somethin that'll help ya :thumbsup:

[/quote]

What will help me???????????????? :clap:
[/quote]

He has a link at the bottom of that post! ;) :lol:
It's a pdf from a service manual showing where the screws are.

Back