Remapping....

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
Iv been toying with the idea of a map for a while now and stumbled onto this crowd today.

http://tipperarytinting.ie/black-code/

I gave them a shout and they have a map for the blob eye. My car is original Irish 2005 wrx. He was talking about a 40bhp increase. Probably exaggerated but even 30bhp would be nice. They will travel to me to do it too which is handy. €300 all done. Takes about 2 hours... There based in Thurles.

Anyone used them before or any thoughts on it???

Never heard of them, looks like the kind of generic flash map that is more suitable to a tdi passat than a subaru, I wouldnt put it on my car. IMO use a reputable subaru mapper, plenty around, rather than going to a window tinting company.

I actually had a feeling that would be the reply. So I have to ask, what is so different about remapping a Subaru as any other car...

Iv had a 2006 VRS octavia 2.0ltr turbo petrol which was 200bhp standard and I got a plug and go map put onto it. I drove it for 3 years with that map and never had an issue....

Similarly I had a 2009 2.2 tdci mondeo which was 175bhp, again I put a plug and go map on it and drove it for 3 years without a bother.

My WRX is an original irish car and not an import so no issue with mapping for different fuel, no changing ecu needed or licences etc... Also it's factory standard too. No mods. So why is a plug and go map such a no no, when it can be done perfectly safely with so many other cars??

I'm not a mapper and haven't got a mad depth of knowledge as to what it does but I imagine it's like comparing a pair of Asics runners to a pair of runners bought in penneys! They both fit on your feet and capable of going for a run in both pairs but one is just better quality!!!!!
I'm sure someone who knows more about it can explain it better, I've had both my subaru's mapped by Bob Rawle and not a hope id flash over it with that map in tipp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sh*t themselves easier
Need to know what your doing
The variables in mapping are way more dangerous
Knock knock :icon_grin:

Don't know much about mapping but the way l see it is,
that my subaru is too much of an investment to give it to
just anyone to mess with.
Good few reputable mappers in Ireland and few coming often from UK to choose from :thumbsup:

Depending on the quality of the box, whatever about how it's changing how the ecu runs the engine it may not be permanent. I've seen DC2 TypeR integras having their afr's "mapped" and it was always a matter of time before the ECU started ignoring or deleting the input from the Apexi.

Back