Remapping wrx

I have a new age blob that had no previous history of mapping on the day he got a good few more ponies but it drives great now flies through the revs nice pull in every gear its hard to remember what it was like before it was quick but now it's flying it for a standard sti only thing has is a k/n panel filter. He does great work a long day but worth it.
When he done first couple of runs he says it was dumping boost just after 6300rpm which I knd of knew because car felt like it ran out of everything. So he has it 6500 and tapered off I had to go there twice he really puts in effort

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Getting car serviced shortly. Aonghus has advised NGK pfr7b spark plugs to be fitted when servicing. Will put denuine suvarue oil and fuel filter in . What's best oil to use Subaru recommends 10w 40 for engine and 45w90 for diff.

Getting car serviced shortly. Aonghus has advised NGK pfr7b spark plugs to be fitted when servicing. Will put denuine suvarue oil and fuel filter in . What's best oil to use Subaru recommends 10w 40 for engine and 45w90 for diff.
Fully Syn 10/40 be fine. Box and Diff 75/90.

A aftermarket fuel filter be fine. And genuine oil filter. In stock if required.

We're literally building identical cars lol

I just fitted an aem performance dry flow panel air filter, Bosch fuel filter and ngk plugs but went for pfr6b lol. Waiting on alloy header tank to arrive as mine split and still need to get a walbro 255 sorted ha.

Yes neelie very similar cars lol. Roll on may now till get it done and see the difference

Thanks to davelegacy for sorting me out with all my parts needed to service the car. Top man ????????????????????

I also had an 03 wrx which I bought basically stock. After chatting with Dave , I decided to pick up a second hand vf (30 I think can't remember now). I also did fuel pump, decat, sti injectors, 3 port and there was a hks intake already fitted.
Changing the turbo was well worth the extra cost (only about ?350 I think), completely transformed the car and held boost far longer than the old td04. It made it a far more fun car to drive.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Cheers owain . I might look into it . See does this lockdown cease a but as may not even get to mapping if continues this way ????????????. Will get car serviced hopefully shortly and get a full health check up and see how the current climate is then !

Got car sorted for remapping . Fully serviced , fitted new fuel pump and cosworth filter. Put new front discs and pads on while was at it too. Got the mechanic to do a compression test on engine also.

Cylinder 1. 180 psi
Cylinder 2. 179 psi
Cylinder 3. 174 psi
Cylinder 4. 176 psi

Hopefully restrictions lifted in May and remapping goes ahead.

Is my compression readings ok or a bit high. I know main thing is that they are close enough in figures.

That's pretty decent for a turbo petrol car but as you have said they are all similar which is also important

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

Thanks Dec. Hopefully all will go well mapping . Need lockdown to lift first I'd say

Back