Remapping wrx

Evd

Sunday Drivers
I've a 2003 UK wrx. They don't feel as quick as remember them years ago but I put that down to cars have got faster and more torquey. So with this in mind I Just got a booking with Aonghus power to get the car remapped. I've seen a lot of good reviews of him. I've a de cat stainless steel exhaust on car and just ordered a uprated fuel pump and cosworth panel filter. He will fit a 3 port solenoid on the day . Hopefully this will make the car feel quicker with better power delivery I presume I'll get another 40 or 50 bhp from this. Not a lot considering price but better power delivery I'm hoping

I have the same car and was previously mapped also by Aonghus, it made 267 with a sports cat, getting it mapped again this month with him as its not quite right anymore.

Did you notice a big difference to before it was mapped neelie ?

It was already mapped when I bought it and with it not being quite right I can't say but I have driven stock wrx and it was woefully slow. I then had a forester xt which I mapped with Joe power and the difference was astronomical in terms of curve and response. It made 225. Same with legacies I drove then, one stock, one mapped also by Joe and another by Bob rawle and they were fantastic in comparison to the stock. Like with German cars, subarus only really come to life after someone gives them a slap with the mapping stick....

Had you the fuel pump uprated and filter also when git mapped neelie

Nope my mapped cars were all close to stock with just maybe a performance panel filter (moreso because they are washable though) backbox and full good service. Unless you go full on power with injectors and decats etc I don't see the point in fitting other parts tbh. Your fuel pump should be in good order anyways but I never upgraded mine.

Aonghus suggested getting a 255 fuel pump and 3 port solenoid so I ordered them anyways and will service it before mapping as due so needed new filter regardless. If I got 270 and better power delivery I'd be happy out to be honest .

Sorry ????????. He has the solenoids and will fit them for ya so no need to order them as you can buy direct from him but think he said only 3 left so maybe say it to him

Why is that Dave ? And how much does one cost. This little upgrade getting more expensive by the minute lol ????????????

What turbo do you recommend . I'll be honest I'm not looking for huge bhp . 260/270 would do me. At this stage it will cost me a grand with out turbo.if Go much more am I better off just buying a sti lol

What turbo do you recommend . I'll be honest I'm not looking for huge bhp . 260/270 would do me. At this stage it will cost me a grand with out turbo.if Go much more am I better off just buying a sti lol
270 on a td04 on 95 fuel be a hard stretch.

Any classic jdm VF 22,23,24,28,29

Aonghus reckoned today to get it mapped for running on octane boost due to the crap fuel here ?

Aonghus reckoned today to get it mapped for running on octane boost due to the crap fuel here ?
Although yield slightly better results for 4-5bhp and similar torque, but to have to carry octane booster constantly and always have the perfect mix. It can get tedious pretty quickly.

Also the cost of the octane booster over the year or two would have paid for the vf turbo. Which be better results mapped to ordinary 95ron

I get you Dave. To be honest I won't prob do 1500 mile in the year in the car lol. I have 3 months and barely 200 mile on it. It's only fir taking out an odd day at weekends

1/2 bottle of octane boost per tank is what he said I think he would map it for

I mapped mine with booster nf 100ml don't drive it daily plus anghous told me better gains with booster if your driving it that little not going to matter that much cost wise

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Back