Recommend a good hotel in Leinster?

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Planning to organise a nice relaxing weekend away when my girlfriend gets out of hospital, Can anyone recommend a nice hotel not too far from Dublin with good leisure facilities(pool, health spa etc)

Cheers

Dan

the hodson bay hotel in athlone is very nice aswell... stayed there twice. Its out of the town so its grand and quiet, its right at the side of a lake so you can go do a bit of fishing if your not into the whole spa thing like meself... :thumbsup:

http://www.hodsonbayhotel.com/

You could try Macreddon Village Hotel just out side Aughrim co wicklow , hours drive from Dublin, would be bit on the expensive side i'd imagine,

Also the Marraiot in Kilcoole co,Wicklow, supposed to be excellent , done a bit of work in the grounds and the gym , pool and golf course are all top notch , probably on the expensive side 2

The Marriot in Ashbourne is class. Myself and my fiance spent new years eve and new years day there just gone. Room service is second to none. They even have a leisure facility if you make it out of the bedroom. haha

The Ritz Carlton in Powerscourt

You have Powerscourt gardens and house for nice walks and good lunches,
Powerscourt waterfall near by ideal for picnic's and good parking..
it's also very close to glendalough monastic site and you could also fit in a drive up over the wicklow way after glendalough

id recommend aherlow house hotel in tipperary town ... bit away from dublin . but this place is savage ... set in the mountains , and you'd swear on a nice day you were in the swiss alps ...
breathtaking place

[quote author=gretts-WRseX link=topic=16351.msg200828#msg200828 date=1247165388]

it's also very close to glendalough monastic site and you could also fit in a drive up over the wicklow way after glendalough
[/quote]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
+1

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=16351.msg200896#msg200896 date=1247178003]
[quote author=gretts-WRseX link=topic=16351.msg200828#msg200828 date=1247165388]

[/quote]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
+1
[/quote]

oh should have mentioned the Ritz will also supply you with a lovely picnic basket full of goodies if you ask them would be a nice suprise for your girlfriend

have to agree with scouser lad , had my wedding reception in talbot carlow and been back twice since, could nt fault it :thumbsup:

[quote author=swerv555 link=topic=16351.msg200921#msg200921 date=1247182611]
have to agree with scouser lad , had my wedding reception in talbot carlow and been back twice since, could nt fault it :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I love that hotel, will be back down there for a few days in November, cant wait!!!! :653: :653:

Wouldn't recommend the Bay hotel in Arklow really , not worth the money imo , My Aunty had her wedding there last year and while everything was ok it just was a typical rip off , Ya'll find better for cheaper lad :thumbsup:

Back