Rear brake calliper upgrade

hassen27

ISDC Club Member
Hi.

Thinking of upgrading the rear brakes on my wrx as I need new discs+pads and I might as well shell out a bit more and upgrade the calipers at the same time.

Was wondering if anyone knew if the brembo calipers off a Nissan 350Z would fit(straight swap in) as they do look very similar? And I thought I read somewhere that it could be done. Reason for this is because they are a lot cheaper than the STI equivalent.

Thanks,

Hassen

They both use the same pads/size, hence the thought that it might fit in the Subaru :icon_grin:

If they're the same calipers and mounting points are the same you wont need brackets on the wagon as they use the same points on the hub I done it on my bug wagon years ago, the only thing you will need is the bigger handbrake shoes but the best thing is the disc inserts that way you wont have to mess about with the handbrake

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Isn?t there a Brembo Cadillac CTSV brake upgrade that can be done? A common thing for the yanks to do but not sure what?s completely involved.

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated :)

Time to go do some research about this. My current setup doesn't need changing for a while and this is a pre-emtive measure so that I had it lined up and ready when the pads/discs are gone.

Should be good craic looking into options. Ideally I'd love a matching set of Ksport red calipers for the rears but they are not worth spending the money just for the looks imho

You'd be surprised how much of an impact the rear brakes have on a car, and how much stress they take from the front calipers, it's a mod well worth doing, to be fair, the stock WRX calipers aren't helping those monsters up front at all lol

Matching K Sports would be class tho... Just saying lol

Back