Read this before using E5 Maxol Fuel!!!!!!!

hey scruff well done on spending the time on finding this but greenwagon also spent about a week finding all this type of stuff and posted it all up on the e5 thread. seems we finally had the answer but just not quite there yet.

thanks scuff,did you find out why there would be a difference between a v5 and a 99 v6 ,i presume when they say 99-2005 wrx sti, they mean v6 onwards but what would be the difference between v5 and v6.thanks

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=3814.msg39338#msg39338 date=1191274693]
MY B4 IS MY00 WHY CANT I USE IT...IT SAY 2002-2003 NOT SUITABLE
[/quote]

That Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries list only covers models sold by Subaru Australia and starts at 2002 for the B4 simply because it wasn't available in Australia (or anywhere else outside Japan) until that year, I'm afraid it doesn't actually imply that other Japanese Domestic Market models of B4 (like the 2000 one) are any different when it comes to ethanol suitability.

See: Subaru Liberty B4 in carsGuide, 04 January 2002

[quote author=carsGuide, January 04, 2002]IT TOOK two years of blood, sweat and tears to get this car to Australia. Subaru Australia finally managed to convince its parent company to add the twin-turbo Liberty B4 to its Down Under line-up, and it is the first time the car has been sold outside Japan. [/quote]

Likewise the Impreza STi was first sold by Subaru Australia only in 1999, which is why they start with that date. Again it doesn't actually mean that there isn't an issue with earlier STis.

See: Four Door Impreza WRX STi Coming to Australia in autoweb, 21 August, 1999

The information on the Subaru New Zealand website seems more comprehensive, and to originate with Fuji Heavy Industies/Subaru Japan themselves:

DO NOT USE Ethanol Blended Fuel – E5 or E10 if your car is:

• A Subaru with VIN Number that starts with 7A8
or
• Second hand Japanese imported Subaru
or
• A New Zealand New Subaru that is any of these models:
- Legacy RS, Legacy GT, Legacy GTB, Legacy RSK and Legacy Blitzen
- Impreza STI
- Forester STI

Your car CAN USE Ethanol Blended Fuel – E5 or E10

• Only New Zealand new Subarus models 1990 onwards with a VIN number beginning with JF1 or JF2 may use E5 or E10 blended fuels

There seems to be alot of confusion over this fuel! I'm sure there 1000's of Subarus in the UK running this stuff as Tesco 99 RON superplus is E5. I'm sure a quick visit to one of the UK forums would highlight any running or reliability problems :thumbsup:

if maxol are replaceing unleaded with this e5 , and e5 cant be used in certain cars, this means maxol will either have to turn customers away or face legal battles for selling unsafe products. is this fair to say that they wont have any unleaded in a month and we ll have to go to rip off esso petrol.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=3814.msg39343#msg39343 date=1191275810]
No need to shout :roll:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

timo confusion was about 10 posts ago now its turning out to a real pain as no-one can say it safe or why it is not safe. :wall: :wall:

I called into a Maxol petrol station in Blarney on Sunday morning and they had no clue what E5 was :roll:

I thought it was being rolled out in Cork first as this is where the bioethanol is being added :ponder:

5% is such a small amount of Bioethanol I cant see is damaging the fuel pump or fuel lines but I wouldn't chance it with E10. I'm going to remap my car on E5 when it comes out and keep a print out of the 150 Maxol Petrol Stations in my car. I heard that all petrol retailers in Ireland will roll out E 5 eventually. Fingers crossed.

Frawls

[quote author=Timo link=topic=3814.msg39375#msg39375 date=1191313694]
There seems to be alot of confusion over this fuel! I'm sure there 1000's of Subarus in the UK running this stuff as Tesco 99 RON superplus is E5. I'm sure a quick visit to one of the UK forums would highlight any running or reliability problems :thumbsup:[/quote]

The forums I've looked at don't seem to have much to say about it, in fact the 99ron Shell V-Power that they have over there seems to be the fuel of choice:

Vpower is the best, proven by many mags and GOD (andy forrest) !

Most of us go out of our way to fill up at a shell garage  :D :D 

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=3814.msg39381#msg39381 date=1191324013]
if maxol are replaceing unleaded with this e5 , and e5 cant be used in certain cars, this means maxol will either have to turn customers away or face legal battles for selling unsafe products. [/quote]

But that's always been the case since not all cars run on the same fuel anyway - you could equally argue that 95ron is an unsafe product because of det. problems in Jap. imports etc., etc. ...

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=3814.msg39470#msg39470 date=1191352209]
I called into a Maxol petrol station in Blarney on Sunday morning and they had no clue what E5 was :roll:
[/quote]

That's been my experience too, the counter staff have always been clueless about it. (Staff training???  :roll:)

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=3814.msg39486#msg39486 date=1191357602]
its all confusing
[/quote]

It really is, and a statement from Subaru Ireland is already overdue on the subject. In fact I got around to emailing them again about it tonight, so fingers crossed!  :pray:

Back