Re shelling a blobeye to Hawkeye???

conor_etune

Hi everyone....can't seem find any info on this... currently have 2003 blobeye WRX good car but needs few things body wise to be perfect, was planning on getting them done but had idea of reshelling it into Hawkeye...is there much that will needed be done or is it straight swap??? And does it need to be wrx Hawkeye shell or will a awd 2litre or maybe even 1.6 awd do??? Any info would be much appreciated????????

One of the guys on here has bug wrx running gear in a hawk n/a shell .

Padriac Rourke I think is his user name , he will probably fill you in on what he needed to done .

I was reading ages ago about it and apparently is easier from bug to blob than from bug/blob to hawk

Thanks man I'll see if can find him on here.....

Had a feeling the Hawkeye mite be harder one to do but I'll have a go at it if it's not too much work, even a clean gc8 mite be worth having doin

If you can do all the work yourself and have room to park both together and leave off the road for a while then it?s a runner other wise the cost will outweigh the gain .

What?s wrong with the blob to warrant a shell change , rust , accident damaged as you have to weight it up would it be cheaper fixing the blob

Ah it would defo be cheaper to fix the car as it's only cosmetic stuff few bubbles on rear arch not accident damage or anything major.....I just like the Hawkeyes and would like a bit of a project aswell once it's not too difficult

Be no big job to change 2 front wings , bonnet , front bumper lights etc to give the front the hawk front to a blob .
Was a bug on here a long time ago with hawk front conversion

I've seen a few threads on that alright. Front crash bar and all that also isn't it?
Would fairly transform the front alright to be fair ????????

Jaysus don't know why I didn't think of swapping just the front end be a handy one ...so who has a Hawkeye front end for sale????

Back