re map

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=30500.msg353078#msg353078 date=1305644043]
dont run it on 95 like AndyC said thats just idiotic
[/quote]
excuse me goosie but can you please quote me where i told the guy to run his car on 95 octane?.

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=30500.msg353101#msg353101 date=1305653230]
no im saying that with 11 years of driving it will loose power! and i know that power losses are the same as other scoobs, always wanted one, now i have one, i dont!
[/quote]

Why would 11 years driving cause it to lose 30bhp?..Your own maybe be down on power for various reasons...why would any FI engine lose that mush power is it was still making boost and running decent timing?..if there was that much were and tear on the block it would fail.
A proper service,clearing the boost solenoid lines, the best fuel you can get and a decent map no reason why any B4 wouldn't make factory power....most are just poorly maintained..bought with failing MAF's or failing coils or shitty sparks.
The TT's are definitely more sensitive to minor issues and can be a pain in the arse but properly maintained they run well and make good power all day long.
I sure any of the users here who have been through the mill with them and ran them for a while would say the same

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=30500.msg353164#msg353164 date=1305671515]

I sure any of the users here who have been through the mill with them and ran them for a while would say the same
[/quote]

i have one and have been through the mill a thousand times lol my car prob is making the or at least close to the factory, but that had a new block and is religiously maintained

its just a fact that over time your engine looses its power, unless he too has a new short block he will be the same, you just cant get away from that

and it wouldn't surprise me if they never made the factory figure anyway

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=30500.msg353184#msg353184 date=1305698010]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=30500.msg353164#msg353164 date=1305671515]

[/quote]

i have one and have been through the mill a thousand times lol my car prob is making the or at least close to the factory, but that had a new block and is religiously maintained

its just a fact that over time your engine looses its power, unless he too has a new short block he will be the same, you just cant get away from that

and it wouldn't surprise me if they never made the factory figure anyway
[/quote]

I've seen standard cars dyno near the factory power on our fuel so I don't agree with what your saying, engines loss power over time, yes they do but not to the extent you are saying.. over 10%. It happened on older engines before fuel injection and the much tighter tolerances a modern engine ....the are countless dyno runs of standard cars even with 100k + miles to back up what I'm saying

hmmmm i would love to see this, and im not saying that in a disrespectfull way by any means, id love to get say 5 bog standard cars with original engines with many miles on and dyno them and see how close they really are to their alledged figures. i think suprises youd be in store

You can say it any way you like, it's just a debate I wouldn't take offence...10% is a lot..I driven low mile V high miles standard cars and I couldn't tell any difference..was test driving a lot of E46 M3's recently and cars at 100k felt no different to cars at 40k..modern engines are lasting for 150k miles with no problems..drove an S2000 with 120k miles on it you'd never know the difference.

Back