Radio upgrade options

Sneezy.Tom

Wet noodle spec hawkeye
ISDC Club Member
Lads, Im looking into radio upgrade options and havnt a clue where to start with this car seeing as 90% of google results is aliexpress, Nah im good on that front China.

Here is what I have now. A single din 20 euro amazon thing just to prove the cables etc work. And some kinda pennys makeup basket wood screwed into the bottom. Dont ask, not my doing but i have to applaud the levels of cowboy trickery to make something out of a gaping hole.
carradio.png

Ideally I want something with a decent screen and apple play but need to know if im going to need any extra hardware for mounting or where to look or who to ask!

Cheers

I got a double din smart android play thing there for Christmas from herself, pioneer. Decent stereo now, can do screen mirroring and what not. Comes with the hardware to mount too 👌
First time I changed radio in a newage tho so I may not be much help...might just have got lucky lol

Ah nice one lads, looks like I can keep all the same plastic just get some new little hardware bits, fair play! Might see if I can wrangle one for my birthday from girlfriend 😂

I'd recommend a Double Din unit with Android Auto/Carplay. Pioneer units are solid as above and a bit pricier. If you're on a smaller budget, Xtrons do Android based units for a lot cheaper and I have 1 in the Subaru and another in the Gti. Nil issues and comes with warranty. Much slicker than the Pioneer and sound quality is excellent. You can get the Pioneer units locally from Halfords and if you know someone with a trade card, you'll get 10% off. The Xtrons units are online from the following link. In the EU and no extra taxes etc when I bought them.

https://www.navi4all.com/en/

Have a look at my thread for ideas as I have had both setups on the Subaru and details on how to install it etc.

Happy modding 😊

Back