R s r

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
Jus wanted to give a shout out to dave at RSR. I had a bit of a scare with a fuel leak. He got me sorted and back on the road for Bank Holiday weekend even though he was busy.
Didn't think I'd have car for weekend but he stepped up. Thank you.
IMG_20190417_184508.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_184508.jpg
    IMG_20190417_184508.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 175
Jesus looks a serious leak!! Lucky you spotted that...
Was in my bro in laws type r one night and that happened... engine bay leak, licks of flames out the side of the bonnet.
We got it out eventually, always carry a fire extinguisher since!

Good man Dave.

Good man Dave [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Good stuff for dig out Dave
What happened in the end was it engine bay or at the tank

Pin hole in fuel line, but was raining petrol when I looked under. Scary sh*t to think wat could of happened.
Extinguisher to be fitted asap

Very lucky couldn?t bare to think myself the worst doesn?t take much to get it alight.
I got one a while back in halfords but I see them every where now in builder providers etc have it screwed into boot nice and tidy

Aldi got them in last Thursday IIRC, caravaning launch.
Nice handy size with brackets too

I?ve 2 in mine one in boot and one in passenger footwell.

Ever since the the birth of firebug I decided it?s a must.

brother has come across a race one that was being dumped- trying to get me hands on that as well

Don?t buy cheap. If it?s ever needed cheaper ones not worth a curse. Seen many used at rallies etc and small ones won?t be any use in an emergency. Might look good but if you have an issue you?re in trouble.

Going back to rallying days the type of extinguishers used for fires with petrol/fuel are AFFF foam extinguishers.
Absolutely brilliant and definitely worth checking thats what you have in the cars.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Back