R.I.P. Dave Mirra ex-Subaru GRC driver

scoobycolm

ISDC Club Member

IMG_1876.jpeg

Police in North Carolina say one of the most celebrated names in X Games, Dave Mirra, has died in North Carolina at the age of 41.Greenville police confirmed on Thursday night that Mirra’s body had been found earlier in the day. Authorities responded to reports of an apparent suicide and discovered Mirra’s body in a truck.

“We mourn the loss today of a great friend and wonderful human being who touched the lives of so many around the world with his gift. He called Greenville, North Carolina home and was as humble a guy talking with kids on a street corner about bikes as he was in his element on the world stage. A young life with so much to offer was taken too soon,” said the Greenville mayor, Allen Thomas.Mirra was a brilliant BMX rider and won 14 gold medals at X Games, despite the fact that his career was nearly ended in 1993 after he was hit by a drunk driver. But Mirra recovered and he won X Games honors at an astonishing rate between 1995 and 2008, his record of 24 medals over a career was only broken in 2013 by Bob Burnquist.He was also a rally driver and competed in ironman and triathlons. “Ironman competitions are an entirely different ballgame. The level of competition is much higher, and there are way more athletes,” Mirra told Sports Illustrated.
Mirra was married with two daughters.

R.I.P.

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpeg
    IMG_1876.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 59
I saw that earlier. Its very sad I used to watch him as a kid doing his tricks. And later playing his games. He was to the BMX world what Tony Hawk is to the skateboard. And lets not forget a big Subaru head like ourselfs. RIP Dave!

Sad news
I was more into his bmx than his driving
He was a legend on the ramp
Rip
I still have one of his haro bikes

very sad news R.I.P
mirra%20bmx.jpg
img00330-20120909-0944.jpg
Dave-Mirra-wCar-1_wide_495.jpg

You just don't know what's going on with people inside. They can appear to be the happiest on the outside but inside they feel pain. RIP.

Terrible news .

Remember him in x games all right . Never knew he was into the car end of things .

Rip

R.I.P. Very sad alright 41 is a very young age to heading off the planet But such is life R.I.P

Back