prodrive (ppp)

alrite Alan! yea i know the Broquet dosen't raise the RON, but they said that it will clean the petrol and stop my car's ecu from reseting it's self (witch i think is bull) before i put the ppp on they told me i car run it on 95 with no problems, but now there sayin i must run it on an higher octane, i don't have a problem with buyin an octane all the time, it's just the fact that they told me i wouldn't have to before, + prodrive told me NOT to use any kind of octane booster and Subaru Ireland said tat if i use anything other than what they tell me to use it could put a stop on my warrenty? i think your spot on Scruff, you do need a custom maped ECU for each car, i thought tat the ppp would do that but now i'm sure my ecu came off the shelf. i'm gonna ring Westward and book it in. i'll let ya know when renno!
i really don't know what the hell i was thinking going for the ppp pack off subaru, i know ya still have a warrenty but what is a warrenty when there's something wrong with your car and the're saying they can't help??? if i do get them to take if out of my car and get my money back i'll tell them what they can do with there warrenty  :lol:

thanx lads :salute: 

murphWRX

Get your money back from them and then get Andy Forrest to map the car. Pocket the rest of the money and buy ice creams. They wont know it has been remapped so warranty is still intact. :guinness:

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=175.msg1560#msg1560 date=1156363478]
Get your money back from them and then get Andy Forrest to map the car. Pocket the rest of the money and buy ice creams. They wont know it has been remapped so warranty is still intact. :guinness:
[/quote]

I think they might spot the fully decatted exhaust system and smaco hoses on the IC. It's amazing how observant the main dealers become all of a sudden when there's a warranty issue at stake!

Frawls

Broqet to clean the fuel on a 05 car, HELLO. :D :D.

The engine sounds like it's in limp mode and is caused by a faulty sensor.

John

alrite lads, another update on my car! brought it down to Martin in westward engineering, did a dyno test on it and came out at 221.6bhp! boosting at 4000rpm and the boost it dying out at 5100rpm. when i rang subaru they told me tat the rolling road isn't 100% and there not going to go on tat reading! bottom line is they told me i'm not gettin my money back, i wrote a letter to the society of the irish motor industry (SIMI) and to leave it with them for now, if i have to i will bring them to court.
another thing was martin checked it for oil when i got down there and it was empty! when i left it in for the 1st service they never put the oil back into it! i also found out that when i left my car into get serviced it wasn't carryed out by a mechanic, it was done by the head of sales guy. i don't know about any of you's but when i pay more then 40k for a car i want a little bit morel TLC then that, if anyone it' s thinking of buyin a car or bringing their own car in for a service i'd strongly recommend that you stay as far away from bray as you can!
i'll keep you's up-to-date as i go.

murphWRX

It might be worth getting in touch with Prodrive as well?
They might have seen this problem before....

Alan.

There a joke. What about consumer rights and all that. Can you contact them and see if they could do anything quicker. As PPP Is a product that is suppose to do something that its not.

I bought my car of these guys and at the time they where great and the guy Jason was sound aswell. But after the service your geting thats another subaru dealer off the list for me.

Contact Prodrive aswell ASAP and see what they say.

I would definately get on to Prodrive and tell them about the crap after sales service of their product over here. As far as I can remember Subaru dealers in Ireland withdrew PPP as an option a couple of years ago. I would be interested to see what Prodrive have to say. We have a resident solicitor (Frawls) who is a petrol head and he offers very good rates for this type of thing. He also knows a thing or two about Subarus and would be well able to fight your corner.

Alan

Murph boosting at 4000rpm and dying out at 5100rpm
that's wrong.
A 06 WRX comes with a TD04 turbo which starts to kick in at
2300rpm or lower achiving full boost at 5500 - 6000rpm  aprox.

There is no way fuelling is causing these probs. I'd say it's the new PPP ECU.
Did you have probs with boost before the PPP ????????

Niall.

Murph it might also be worth a trip up to Donnellys in Belfast. I think one of the guys there was saying they fit 1 or 2 PPP Packs per week so they should know straight away when they drive your car.

We where up with them on Sat they looked after a few of the lads very well and have a great set up.

I was onto Paul there did they offer you a stupid offer of taking it off with no refund or something.

Damo

what did i say about subaru dealers???????????(over here anyway). pure shitheads!!! and by the way murph your probably lucky that the sales man did the service maybe the cleaner was off sick!! :wall: :wall:

Have to agree with Gearge. To be working on these type of cars, you to love the job. The only thing the main stealers love is money and not cars. It's hard to believe how some garages get to be dealers. There technical knowledge and ability is often questional.

John

Back