prodrift mondello

Drop in and say hello, we should have a garage. Sorry to see Philip not there. We extracted a few more horsepower from the car and spent a lot of time on the suspension and tyre's, so Sunday will be interesting. Hope it rains all day,

John

Might head down on Sunday morning myself, gonna have to give the Monaghan rally a miss unfortunately as I've plans for Sunday afternoon.

1) Sonny Boyd CDA Evo 1:01.067 pro
2) Brian Sexton JOMO Evo 1:02.420 pro
3) Martin Tracey Westward Eng. Evo 1:02.835 pro

Weather was cold and wet in the morning, rain stopped, but got colder. We got new tyre's, but it was so cold and wet in the morning that we couldn't scrub them, so back to the toyo's for the day. Brian did a great job in our car, beating Martin is no easy task, he's bloody good, and probobly will have something up his sleeve for May. Brendan Stone in the civic did a stunning job for a young fella in fourth place. Congrat's to CDA, and Sonny. I must say his driving has improved so much since last year, and in that car will be hard to beat, although that won't stop us trying. Savage day, great crack, and looking forward to the next round. Hopefully Philip will be out,

Now it's time for :guinness:

John

Well done to Jomo today getting better by the round that car is flying and well set up .Top man John :clap: and Brian will catch Sonny soon enuf ,Had a good day great buzz about the place ,it seems like an Evo challenge at the moment i might throw an old Subaru in there soon enuf with a bit of luck but i fell i well be playing catch up.

Philip

Too right Philip. It would do a lot of damage to the series if only Evo's were in it. It need's different car's to be at the front. Get your's sorted, and you know I'm there for any help I can give. I'm hopefully starting my Scooby in the next 2 weeks. and I'm trying to get a customer of mine, who's bloody quick to run a Cossie. I think that Brendan Stone will be in pro-class next year, and is one to watch for the future.

John

Yeah lets get some Scoobies out there, those evos had an easy day yesterday. Fair play though Couture & Jomo, your cars were running well :thumbsup:

Mondello fecking fleeced us yesterday, 30e entry & then another 10e to sit in an uncovered, temporary stand....I don't think so :angry:

Some good action all the same even by the time I left, 2 drift cars ploughed into barriers & Robbie from Icetronix managed to flip his Honda Jazz time attack car on the entry to Dunlop......don't ask coz I've no idea how he managed it 8)

thirty euro to get in and fifteen to sit.

told them to go ram it.

complete joke for the price.

good action out off the cars once we got in.

yeah fookin steep price alright,but some good action when you got in 8)
@philip u defo need to get ur machine back out there and teach those evo's a lesson :headbanger: :worship:

30 yo yo :angry: :angry: :angry: if i had of known that, there would have been two lads in the boot :lol: :lol: :lol:

True it was a little expensive, but most days there are 15 to 25 euro's for a great days racing. The next day's we are racing there is the 17 and 18 of May, which promises to be a great weekend. I have been racing in the UK, and you will get very little for that price.

John

I agree John that it was a good days racing, but 30e is steep & then 10e extra to sit in a temporary, uncovered stand on a day when it was p!ssing rain was OTT.
The costs to Mondello for this I can't imagine to be hugely more than a normal track day, maybe a few extra marshals etc.
To get a really good view of the drifting you needed to be at a height in the stand, they should have included seating for their 30e price.

Back