Prime Time 9.30 RTE1

I can think of 1 car forum in particular that love their "Diffin" :icon_rolleyes:

Muppets :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

only caught the last five min’s of this was it any good.

Anybody know when it will be uploaded to watch on line?

[quote author=Paul555RA link=topic=25755.msg303164#msg303164 date=1281646697]
The car they reported as doing 250kph looked like a scooby
[/quote]

anybody one here? surely not

[quote author=Smokey 24 link=topic=25755.msg303175#msg303175 date=1281649628]
only caught the last five min’s of this was it any good.

Anybody know when it will be uploaded to watch on line?

[quote author=Paul555RA link=topic=25755.msg303164#msg303164 date=1281646697]
The car they reported as doing 250kph looked like a scooby
[/quote]

anybody one here? surely not
[/quote]
I wouldnt have thought so you'd have to be crazy to do those kinda speeds on public roads let alone film it :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I didn't see the whole lot of it, but was your man Ian Bergin standing up for young drivers or was he criticising them??

You can see he didnt feel comfortable there.. he wasnt standing up for them as such... i dont feel he was.

he was sayin how they come for training and they think they are the best until after the training is done and they realise that its not so easy to drive like that safely on public roads... they should be driving like that on public roads in the 1st place..

In fairness your man knew what he was talking about, the woman had not a clue how to get her point across. Limiters on cars?? These have been on trucks for years and for years have been very easily bypassed. Of course we would never do that but there will always be a way around these things. And IMO to much is being placed on drink driving in young lads and girls when its the older generation that are worse than anyone else. Its just there way of life to have a few pints and drive home they have been doing it all there lives. There are just neglecting the fact that a nationwide campaign has to be to go into schools and start drivers ed there. The younger you educate the more responsible they will be when they start driving. But there will always be a small percentage of headers that will drive balls out. Don't know if anything can ever change that. I know I have changed my driving style since I was 17 and realised that I wasn't invincible but that only came with a bit more maturity. So many of the basic things are done wrong starting with the test. No nite driving, Dual carriage way driving or motorway driving and in most cases you never cross 60 kms. But apparently you really do need to know how to reverse around a corner without hitting the kerb. If you cant do that then you really should question whether you should be driving in the 1st place. Now I'm not sticking up for the idiots who give us all a bad name, I hate it when some young lad in a civic tries to drive on my bumper at 100 kms because of the car I drive But that's the problem with common sense. Its not that common for some people. Anyway Rant over.

Agree with Patrick and don't know why we can't have a "Drivers Ed" like the
have in America.

Driving is a life skill i believe, i can't remember much from school, but
i learned a lot by being given the car to practice driving around a "big field"
when i was 15, not all of us have that option.

Now as i gotten older i've slowed down a lot, but looking back i wish
there had have being better learning facilities, because a lot of luck has
kept me between the ditches, some people arent so lucky.

kinda agree with programme but then they stand around the town centre watching few lads doin a burn out which is in my view the exact same thing the cops do and in all the times ive ever gotten done for speeding or any other road related thing its been in built up area or the usual as i come into 40 zone i get stung for 50/60 as i haven slowed down quick enough never for the 90 i was doin out on open road before the town cos cops just aim for easy money in the slowing down zones and never seen a cop on any sort of small road where i know people have been killed or injured cos they might not make enough money out there. And dont get me started on hiding behind fookin bus stops on duallers thats not saving lives thats shooting fish in a barrell

He was on about how the jap cars are coming over and turbo cars being put down as n/a.
But that would be down to the importer/dealer, he is the one thats putting it down as a lesser car to save himself on vrt and sell it on at the making price of the car at the time of sale.

Young lads are just taking advantage of this, not to save money on insurance, but to get insurance in the 1st place.

So it starts at the top and works its way down.
The goverment are screwing the dealers with vrt and taxes.
The dealer is screwing the vrt, to save money he already forked out to the goverment.
The buyer is screwing the the insurance company and if he didnt the insurance company would be screwing him.
But in the end it the buyer that gets screwed and worse if it an innocent that gets hurt by him.

All in all they should change the way the whole country is run in everyway.

i forgot to add if the buyer did have genuine insurance, im sure the insurance company would screw him anyway. ''oh you your last payment was late by a day, so were not forking out''.

its all down to the rich getting richer and fook the rest of them. recession or no recession.

Back