Power steering Pump

edcoyle1

Hi folks,

power sterring pump bunched on the WRX. Got a second hand one from a scrap yard but it was equally as bad. Anyone know who might re-conditions pumps or where one might get a 2nd hand one?

cheers, Ed

I got mine sorted by Dave at RSR Automotive

085 771 5343

yea just spoke to him but he said there wasnt much he could do for that year and model, mentioned a kit would be needed but subaru dont supply it. ill keep digging..... cheers

you can get o-rings and rebuild it your self if your confident ? I did with mine , vids on youtube... I took mine apart and took out the orings, then got new ones.

you can get o-rings and rebuild it your self if your confident ? I did with mine , vids on youtube... I took mine apart and took out the orings, then got new ones.
might be worth a shot Enda.... where did you get the orings?

Make sure you prime the pump by hand before you put the Belt on an just turn it over and it’s running if not primed. Top up with fluid and turn the pully by hand and top it up . What year of car is it

Make sure you prime the pump by hand before you put the Belt on an just turn it over and it’s running if not primed. Top up with fluid and turn the pully by hand and top it up . What year of car is it
the car is a 2007 wrx

They give trouble around that year ,
as Joe said the key is priming it correctly, lift the reservoir above the pump inlet and use the belt around a battery drill and the pump pulley to rotate it and fresh Dextron III fluid only , all the best

t
They give trouble around that year ,
as Joe said the key is priming it correctly, lift the reservoir above the pump inlet and use the belt around a battery drill and the pump pulley to rotate it and fresh Dextron III fluid only , all the best
tks Baz.

Back