Pointless 'visual' upgrades, what do you think?

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Good morning:)

So again, another dilemma, so many of you know, I own MY07 Hawk, naturally aspirated 2.0l. Now, there are few reasons why I didnt go WRX or STI - insurance being first, second place of use - daily driver in city, thats not really for turbocharged car.

But here goes my question. So, what is your opinion on doing upgrades, that are only visual, that do create feeling of 'stronger' car? So for example, I have stock bonnet, without scoop. Now, Scooby isnt scooby without Scoop. But if I order bonnet with scoop, all I get is rust on engine and water leaking in - apart from the fact that it looks nice.

But it might then raise some opinions, that its in fact 'ricer's' car, coz of updates that do not in any way increase the power of the car, but just desing. I know this is incredibly stupid idea, but we have incredibly stupid ppl around us. I dont care about them, what do I care about is opinion of Scooby Community.

So what you personaly think about putting scoop on Naturaly Aspirated car, and putting WRX stickers on the trunk - even tho the car aint WRX? Or maybe even closing the Foglights and putting there STI stickers?

How do you react, if you see 1.6l with all these additions? but then when you see the car drive you are like 'wtf?'

Thanks!

It's your car mate, do what you like with it, stick a bonnet with a scoop on it and a WRX badge on the boot, if it makes you happier with the car then go ahead and don't mind what other people think about it!

Honestly as said dude it's your car. My last car was a 1.6 impreza with a full sti kit and interior. I was happy with it because it looked well and hadn't any stupid wings or stickers fitted

Sent from my iPhone thingy

bonnet vent yes
stickers NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

no harm in pimpin it up with a few visual bits , but as RON BURGANDY says " keep it classy "

ron_burgundy.jpg

Kit it up, exterior and interior, let people guess as to what car you have, I wouldn't put any additional stickers on car but that's just me.

I'm sure you have spotted some diesel Audi A4's with the Quattro kit on them, and badged up as RS4's... With a rattly 4 cylinder Diesel engine, when did Audi start making diesel RS4's

Car kitted is absolutely no problem what so ever, don't badge it up doh. That's just my opinion

u8uru4ar.jpg

Above pic is my daily driver, it has a BTCC kit on it but all the original badges, (no FR or CUPRA. etc)
Suppose it's up to individual taste at the end of the day

Rant over.

If you want too kit it out that's your choice, once your happy with the car that is the main thing but i personally don't like the sticker/badge idea. Also, as said above, those kitted Audi's look nice but i think the RS4 badge on the booth of the diesels are too much.

I wouldn't just stick a scoop on the bonnet though. The biggest give away for me is the stock seats. I see plenty on N/A scooby's abound that have scoops, kits, spoilers and still have the stock seats.

Pic up a set of seats and you laughing...plus the must the most comfortable seat out there!

My last impreza was a 1.5 coupe..before I decided to move away my plan was to get a turbo engine into it..I had it fully painted in 02C subaru blue,had everything STI on the car,all is was missing was the turbo engine..almost everyday I drove the car people were commenting on how nice it was.even when I said to people it was just a little 1.5,most people would say it was a subaru work of art..I always done what I liked with my cars and bikes some people will love it some might not..if you cut the roof off and it makes you happy that's your business.. Feck the begrudgers.... :stismiley god I can't wait to get another impreza :icon_lol:

Personally id avoid stickering her up ...id try get a second hand set of lower springs put a light tint on back two windows and rear leave bonnet alone as said above keep it classy the na hawlk a fine looking as is car but its all up to you your car

Cheers

Thanks for your feedback guys,

daveR: I already have these seats: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/annointed/jdmWRXseats.jpg, regarding interior tho, I wanna go for STI speedo, just because I like it more than the standard one. Maybe different mats, but in overall I am pretty happy with interior

I would not probably put STI stickers on, I enjoy the foglights as they are:)

Fact is, I wanna stay classy and I want my car to look decent, I dont wanna overdo it and go full retard mode, but the bonnet scoop is still hanging in my head and I cannot decide whether to do it or not... I mean, I like the way it looks, but having it just for the looks seems cheezy...

Well, I will take some more time with thinking about it, next on plan is lowering and new breaks, thats gonna exhaust me financially at least till August...

CiaranWRX: There is no place for any stickers except for ISDC on rear side windows... no other stickers will ever make it on my car, it was more of an example... I am actually thinking oposite - debadging my boot completely, I like more the clean sleek look...

as the lads have said its your car to do with as you please get yourself a wrx bonnet and a nice front splitter and youll never get bored with looking at your car :049: :subaru:

have to say that tommys red hawk is one of the nicest hawks ive ever seen so I cant see your one not being as good looking when its finished :stismiley

There has been a few nice cars in the club, that have been non turbo and have had the full Wrx or sti touches put on them... Like spoiler, seats, bonnet, fog covers etc etc.

I would fAr rather see a nice sti replica than some tacky max power body kit with Lambo doors :)

But as said above, it's your car, do what you want with it and don't worry about what people think... If you had a proper sti, some fukr some where will have a laugh at you... We all get the same treatment whether it be sti or non turbo...
Just the sti lads can make hasty exits :)

I'm probably just echoing a few already but...

I can't stand BMW M badges on non M cars
typeR badges on skodas/puntos/anything that's not meant to have a typrR badge.

Modify away but sticking sti/wrx badges on it would annoy me. :angry1:

You could do it in spite tho :icon_grin:

I think badge-less would arouse more 'what is that machine?' instead of 'That ain't no STI foo!'

As someone who started with n/a subarus i reckon have the car looking how you want it too , i personally think a scoop and a splitter finishes the front of the n/a hawkeyes off perfectly , its your car at the end of the day and never mind the jealous fucks that say its not a real subaru ,

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=41095.msg470225#msg470225 date=1394624666]
It's your car mate, do what you like with it, stick a bonnet with a scoop on it and a WRX badge on the boot, if it makes you happier with the car then go ahead and don't mind what other people think about it!
[/quote]

ya do what you want with it your car at the end of the day... plus if you are getting rid of the fog lights I might take them off you ..lol

I think go for it man put some nice parts on and have the car looking exactly how you want just don't badge it up as something its not. go for the debadged look ,I remember when tommy 555 had his 2.0 R it looked class with some nice wheels a nice spoiler sitting low and a splitter it was class
1.jpg

When I had my 1.6 bug, I added a few visual upgrades and had it the way I wanted it to look (Inovit alloys, lowered, rear tints, bonnet scoop, WRX interior, High rise spoiler, 3" SP-R1 backbox, debadged bootlid, front splitter). I didnt care what people thought, its the vision I had in my head and was well worth the cash spent IMO.

jonnie

Back