Photobucket problems

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
On my laptop at home, I cannot for the life of me open up photobucket or get to to links that people post up. I've tried in IE7/8, firefox and chrome and it won't open in any of them. It opens no problem in work so I was thinking maybe it a setting on my laptop somewhere but I wouldnt know where to look. Any ideas?

I can't imagine that being the problem, I'd suggest clearing your browsing history, cookies everything and see if you can access it.

If you still can't, try going through a proxy server, if you can access it through one, they've blocked your IP address for some reason;

http://www.hidemyass.com

Steve.

Nice one steve, will give it a shot when I get home :thumbsup:

Would've thought if there was a problem they would blocked my account, not my IP :dontknow: ... Strange one :comp26: :comp26:

It's very strange alright, since you've installed different browsers I don't think clearing the history, cookies etc is going to help.

Try the proxy anyway and let me know how you get on :icon_grin:

Tried it last night and it loaded up no problem so then I just tried it normally again through IE and chrome and it loaded up fine :dontknow: ... WTF? It hasn't worked in the year I've been trying the laptop and now it feckin works!! Only thing i can think of is that i had to do a system restore a couple of weeks ago and that must've fixed somethin :ponder2:

Very weird lol... That's computers for you though. Glad it sorted :smile:

Back